Wife threatens to cancel AOS sponsorship

caribguy10

I need your help and advice please...
I recently got married to my girlfriend of 5 months. She is an American citizen and she sponsored me for AOS. Ever since we got married she starting to be verbally abusive,spending my money and I recently found out she is seeing someone else on the side. When I confronted her she got more abusive and threaten to cancel my sponsorship and the marriage. We were still in the process of making arrangements to live together,ever since her threats and abuse I havent gone back to her. The only thing I have is proof of her wasting my money from my account and being abusive from text messages. Can I apply for self sponsorship/battered spouse. I did my biometrics about a month ago and havent received anything as yet. My case is still pending approval. Please give me your advice. Thanks

solve your marriage problems. If she's really abusive or you cannot work it out (if there's infidelity for example) really you should give up and go. The main thing is marriage not immigration. you are not entitled to the GC just because you are married for a short amount of time. If the abuse is really bad the law is to protected those people. Regular marriage issues are not abuse.

I am afraid that on its own will surely not qualify you to be recognised as a battered spouse. Work on your marriage. You immigration status should be the last thing on your mind right now.

The only thing I have is proof of her wasting my money from my account and being abusive from text messages. Can I apply for self sponsorship/battered spouse.

Go down on your knees and kiss her feet. No one will give you a gc just because you were married for a while. Its because of your marriage together and her been a USC that you could get approved. So I suggest u work on ur marriage if u really want them papers boy.

Just give up and go home. She is not worth it. Living in the USA is not worth putting up with verbal abuse.

Nobody will take your side. You will just get laughed at. Nobody, in the USA, will take a man seriously if he says he is abused by his wife. If she claims that you hit her, they will throw you in jail, and deport you with no evidence of any kind. While you are in jail she will clean out your bank accounts. You cannot win. That is the way it works in the USA.

The problem is not uncommon when dating American women. I lived with that for three months because I was dating a model who had a habit of verbally abusing people. The reason her modeling career failed, is because she was verbally abusive to the photographers. She thought she was entitled to behave that way because she was good looking. She was abusive to other people in public. I decided that scoring a hot looking model was not worth dealing with her behavior. I walked away.

Last edited:
Nobody will take your side. You will just get laughed at. Nobody, in the USA, will take a man seriously if he says he is abused by his wife. If she claims that you hit her, they will throw you in jail, and deport you with no evidence of any kind. While you are in jail she will clean out your bank accounts. You cannot win. That is the way it works in the USA.
This is a bunch of BS and is very sexist. Abuse by women on men is not an uncommon problem and is taken seriously if it is real.

This is a bunch of BS and is very sexist. Abuse by women on men is not an uncommon problem and is taken seriously if it is real.
Believe whatever it makes you feel good to believe. I am 50, and I have seen everything.

I lived in the USA long enough to know that police only purse cases that look good on their resume. A police officer has nothing to gain by arresting a women for abuse against her husband. Nothing will happen. Law enforcement in the USA is, in effect, pretty damn worthless.

Last edited: