wife completed BDS - have green card (in 3 months)

drdentist1979

Hello All,

My wife has completed her BDS in India and under a visa lottery scheme (We are from Singapore) we have our paperwork ready for the green card which is expected in 3-6 months for my final status adjustments and filing.

If we have our green cards does this increase her options for courses/colleges/admission. Also are there other courses for her to purse after her BDS except MD (I dont know if it is called MDS in the US)

To some degree things were happening too fast and we are not well informed about this process as I got a job in the US and my green card paperwork was done though the organization employing me who took the initiative for this.

Can anyone please tell us what options there are for a BDS from India who has a green card? We are seeing a lot of conflicting information about the equivalency exam, MPH etc. Any information on possible options would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much!
Singar

Indian BDS is not recognized in USA

Only advantage of having a GC is, you can get loan easily. Other than that there is no advantages.

Indian BDS, need to pass ADA Part I & II and apply for DDS International Program in few universities on competative basis. Some university need GRE score too. For more details go to www.ada.org

Your indian BDS is not recognized as dental degree in USA, so in simple terms you need to redo your BDS once again.

Tuition fees for DDS course (General Dentistry) ( 2yrs to 3 yrs) cost any where between 125 to 180,000 US dollors.

Hello All,

My wife has completed her BDS in India and under a visa lottery scheme (We are from Singapore) we have our paperwork ready for the green card which is expected in 3-6 months for my final status adjustments and filing.

If we have our green cards does this increase her options for courses/colleges/admission. Also are there other courses for her to purse after her BDS except MD (I dont know if it is called MDS in the US)

To some degree things were happening too fast and we are not well informed about this process as I got a job in the US and my green card paperwork was done though the organization employing me who took the initiative for this.

Can anyone please tell us what options there are for a BDS from India who has a green card? We are seeing a lot of conflicting information about the equivalency exam, MPH etc. Any information on possible options would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much!
Singar