Wife citizen, I am green card holder, when I can apply for citizen

playboy

Registered Users (C)
My wife got her green card June-2005. She applied for me as spouse April-2006. I got my immigrant visa June-2010. My wife became us citizen July-2010 just few days after my arrival in USA. My wife needs to wait 4 yrs 9 month for apply citizenship. So I am confused what's the law? Do I need 5 yrs to be citizen like her. Or 3 yrs because of my wife is citizen. Thanks

You'll be able to apply with the 3 year rule, but you cannot apply until it's 3 full years after she became a citizen. So that would be July 2013.

In your other recent thread you mentioned filing I-130 for your sister. I presume you meant your wife's sister? You cannot file for your sister if you're a permanent resident.

Last edited by a moderator:
my husband is us citizen. he got his citizenship on 2009 and I got my green card this year. when can i apply for citizenship?

my husband is us citizen. he got his citizenship on 2009 and I got my green card this year. when can i apply for citizenship?

I am assuming that you were already married to him on the day your GC was approved, right?
If so, you can file N-400 the day after your three-year marriage anniversary (assuming that you remain married to your husband during that period). Since you say that you got a GC this year, this means that the earliest you can file N-400 is some time in 2014.