wierd situation

unlucky_girl

Registered Users (C)
this is my wierd situation. i applied under the eb3 category 3 years ago and since the processing retrogressed i applied late december in the family 1st category, but what worries me is the fact that except for the receipt and the notice date i havent recd anything i.e finger prints appt or anything. i do have work permit and so did not apply for one. we did call up the 1800 number and they are asking us to call next week each time we call them since they do not know where exactly the papers are. hoping i will get some info end of this week. If my name check has been completed and finger prints have been taken before will they do it again as the category is different.

any input is greatly appreciated

:confused: :confused: :confused:

i applied late december in the family 1st category, but what worries me is the fact that except for the receipt and the notice date i havent recd anything i.e finger prints appt or anything.

you applied in December 2006? well, there is nothing special about your wait. It takes 6 years to get a visa number in the first category. Since you only filed I-130, you won't need fingerprinting. After you file I-485 (in about 6 years), you will get fingerprinted.

we did call up the 1800 number and they are asking us to call next week each time we call them since they do not know where exactly the papers are.

I would say your papers are at the service center you filed them at. It's only been a month and a half. People usuallly consider themselves lucky to get a notice of receipt in such a short time. Since you already got your notice of receipt, prepare yourself for a long wait for a visa number.

unlucky_girl said:
u mean for a spouse of a USC the wait is 6 years. but i thought it is more or less current.

If you're a spouse of USC, you shouldn't fall under the family based 1st category (unmarried children of USC).

hi
we did call up the 1800 number and they told us that the process is going on just fine. she also told us that the papers are at MSC. and that i did not get any FP or biometrics becoz i did not apply for EAD as i already have one and i applied for I485 just a couple of weeks ago.
so i am relieved now.
:) :) :)