why they ask for 2 recent photos?

cupidyoyo

Registered Users (C)
Motic - Motion to reopen before the commissioner
My I-485 reopen case was file on April 2006
Got interview date for Dec 6th, 2006
on the interview, asked for mail additional evidence about the marriage
everything well packed, mailed before Jan 6th 2007 (within 30 days after the interview)
Been waiting since, says case in National Benefis Center, pending online
Got letter from downtown Los Angeles center - asking for 10 finger prints and 2 passport photos.

*Note - Immigration Officer cut my 2006 working permit during the interview, I still have my 2007 working permit with me.

Why are they asking for finger prints again, we married for almost three years, had some problems so we didnt make first 4 interviews, wife went to jail and life now is getting back on track. Everything is true and honest, we just had a tough timet together in life. I hope they understand that.

Please share your thought here, I am lost. Its been awhile, how long will this take? Please help us out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The USCIS reserves the right to ask for photographs that are taken within a certain period of time before the date of application. Since you are now reopening your case, you will need to go through the steps again.

Your photographs must have been taken within 30 days of your petition and you will also have to submit to fingerprinting. Those are the rules.