Why do they ask for an additional medical test? Reasons?

Nisha71

I am in the process of receiving additional medical test instructions after my main medical tests were over last month and sent to Canada.

What is the reason for them to ask for going through additional medical test? I checked with my doctor and they said all the tests for blood etc were normal.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Nisha

It happened to me and also to others I know. SOmetimes they just have a doubt and want you to retake

In my case they had a doubt about my chest xray which seemed to show some TB like symptoms. I took the xray again and it seemed to have cleared their doubts. But yes it does add sometime to the whole process.

Mercury

Thanks for the information. Did you need to tell anything to the radiographer to be more careful the next time you went for a x-ray ?

not really.

The envelope CIC sends you is closed and can be only opened by the doctor. After that they will tell you to go for whatever retest is mentioned. Basically you are not supposed to tell anything extra. From you side dont volunteer any info that might count against you (i.e. any illness in the past that many be a problem in Canada). Just let them do their work. If it is an Xray The doctor should tell you on the spot if it is ok. This is what happened to me.