Why did consulate send me Packet 3 even if I submitted it with AC-I140?

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
Today I received Packet 3 from Mumbai consulate even though I had submitted filled up Packet 3 forms along with ACI-140 packet.
Mumbai consulate had received my package on 01/05/2004.

Is it the case for everyone or do I need to re-submit Packet 3?

Thank you.

Jigesh

Jigesh:

I am only beginning to learn about these things but this is what I suggest.

Have an email sent (or have your lawyer - if representing you) and merely state the fact that you already submitted it.

Others - please comment as I know not much!

Poor Thing !!

well you have the unfortunate luck having to go thru mumbai!! I feel your pain. unfortunately if you do in fact send an email, let me let you know in advance, it will go unanswered. you would be very lucky to speak with someone at the info window with any real knowledge of your case. if you are lucky, you may get a person to actually look on the computer and let you know if they received the packet 3 already and have it documented. that would be my suggestion. i think the clerical ppl automatically send out the packet 3. i too am going thru mumbai, took us 7 months to get an interview, 3 after packet 3 returned. they are a mess, and i truly feel sorry for every soul that has to endure what most of us have to. i am not yet a mumbai visa survivor.. we are still in limbo, 3 months post interview

Based on archived/past posts, getting Packet 3 again has happened in past to few.

Secondly, the forwarding letter that came with Packet 3 today mentions my case number, priority date, visa category, my full name, my both dependents (wife and daughter) full names and their dates of birth - that itself implies that they must have my Packet 3 on record otherwise they can't find my dependent's details (full names/dates of birth). The I-140 papers that I submitted to them (ACI-140) have no information about dependents.

Jigesh,

Did you write anything about hardship in the covering letter with AC140 package to Mumbai Consulate. We didn't write anything about hardship. Our case reached Mumbai on 1/24/2004 and I called them on Tuesday and they didn't have a case number yet so I getting really nervous now. our covering letter was similar to the one in www.immihelp.com and they don't mention anything about hardship. Also have you called them to check if your interview is scheduled for March.

Thanks

Did you write anything about hardship in the covering letter with AC140 package to Mumbai Consulate.

Not too much specifically, except mentioning in the forwarding letter that "delays in I-485 are causing hardships." I think if you belong to their jurisdiction, they would accept your case.

Our case reached Mumbai on 1/24/2004 and I called them on Tuesday and they didn't have a case number yet so I getting really nervous now.

Mine reached them 01/05/2004 and I called around 15 days later I guess. They gave me case number but refused to tell me when the case (P3) was entered. Recently, I got a letter from them with case number, P3 (again!); and the letter is dated on 01/08/2004 - so I assume they entered my case on 01/08/2004.

Also have you called them to check if your interview is scheduled for March.

No. I guess my interview could be in April as normally NVC-directed cases are scheduled earlier than AC I-140 (my guess only).

Best wishes,

Jigesh

ash1234

I did AC140 through Mumbai and got IV on Jan 15. My AC140 letter did not mention anything about hardship and I got a case # from them in a week. In your case, the hardship factor should not be the reason for the delay. Did you send original I-140 with the package as well as original 824 receipt notice? Mumbai consulate recommends sending them as many original approvals/receipts with the application. I sent both of those with my application (even though it seemed risky at that time).

BE patient and things will work out well for you.

KAT02.

KAT02

I will try to contact the consulate again early next week. Its a pain to get through to the consulate..
When did your case reach the mumbai consulate and after how long did you get the interview date.

thanks
ash1234

ash1234:

For AC I-140 interviews are scheduled in about 3.5 months after the consulate receives them and for regular CP it is scheduled in about 2.5 months after consulate enters them in their system

I just called the US consulate in Mumbai and the operator said again that they haven't received our case. I told him that it was delivered on 24th Jan. He said if it was delivered on 24th Jan then it should have been in the system. I asked him if he could check if they atleast have the package or not. He was really nice and put me on hold for 2 min and came back and told me that they have received the package and it's under process. He asked me to call back in few days to get the case number. I am so relieved that they atleast have the package. I will call next week to get our case number...

Got Interview Date: 03/16/2004

Called (11:50pm EST, 02/09/04) the Mumbai consulate and the operator gave me the interview date 03/16/2004. I was expecting in April...

Also received an e-mail reply within one day from the consulate telling me about interview date and that the P-4 was mailed on 02/05/2004. Hope I receive it before departure.

cptracker has been updated accordingly...countdown begins! Now need to book tickets, medicals and hotels.....

Phone number

Hi Jigesh,
I am in the same boat - My papers were sent to them on Feb 4th 2004. Can you tell me how did you approch them,
1) Where did you call them to know about Packet 3 status?
2) Did you ask them about the Packet 4, like where and when will they send you that?

Please post your experience when you are back.

Good luck and have a nice trip.

M-F 9am-4pm IST @ 011-91-22-2363-7407/ 7408

I called about P-3 status after 20 days of mailing the ACI-140.

I did not ask about P-4 mailing.

Yesterday I sent an e-mail asking about interview date (because I was not sure I would reach them via phone) and today they replied with date and also saying that P-4 was mailed on 02/05/04.

Thanks for best wishes - will keep everyone on this forum updated.

jigesh:

congrats on the interview date...start collecting all your documents.

Normally one gets P4 in usa around the last 3-4 days of the month but since Feb has 2 less days you may get it around 2nd-3rd March latest!

Thanks a lot, KD - you have been very supportive and informative.

I have PCCs and employment letters to be obtained - the rest of the documents I believe are already with me. CGNY entered our PCC requests on 12/23/03 and last week I mailed them our passports. Let's see how it goes.

jigesh:

Normally CGNY issues PCC in about 40 days...since you are cutting it too fine...you might want to call them and explain the situation (that you got interview 1 month ahead of expectation) so that they issue it in about a week or two from now.

45 calendar days have already passed from 12/23/03 (the date when they accepted our applications and entered into their system) to 02/10/2004 (today). Thanks.