why AILA is so quiet and silent on Delays at Labor Certifications due to 245 i applications ?

thinkglobalthinksmart

Registered Users (C)
Why AILA is so silent / quiet over the delays at SESA in various states ?

They always used to raise the voice and present the Congress and INS with the facts about the immigration rules , concerns and issues with INS and their clients.

If current delays at SESA are mainly due to 245I applicants (most of them have been illegal), should n\'t it be addresses by a orgnization like AILA.

The people who cared to be in legal status (H1B, and other work permits) and paid appropriate VISA Fees to get their VISAs, should not be affected by these new applications.

Any answers ?

Why BIG Sponsor employers who requested the Congress to raise the quota of H1B workers are quiet witht he delays at INS ?
IS it because , they can comparitively cheap labor (compared to US Workers)to work for them over longer periods ? It looks like they are not really interested in having those employees (on h1b and other non immigrant work authorisation VISAs) be on permanent residence ?
Why these big companies are quiet now ?

Is it true with AILA members that are quiet because , they know more the mess at INS and delays at INS...they will have more business because of uncertainity of GC for their own clients !!!!

Should not INS be professional in providing the service for whihc they are paid by their clients ?
CAN an esteem organization liek AILA and all the business savy organizations who hired H1B, now lobby to get results within the specified limit of time frame ?

Yes they should...

Yes, You are right . ALIA must raise this point during their monthly meeting. The delay in SESA is so horrible that since last five months Atlanta Sesa just processing April\'26th 2001 case. They have no plan to assign more resources nor they are willing to expedite the case.
I have personally brought this matter to head of Sesa but they are not interested in listening us. ALIA please do something for us......

I would like to see agencies like AILA to raise their voice for their clients

Same in VA SESA. The SESA is processing April for past 6 months and say they will take another 3-4 months to just get the RIR for April done and then they will do the Non-RIR fo April before they move onto the RIR beyond April that means people like me who applied for RIR after April 2001 can\'t even hope to get Labor for minimum a year. AILA should try to get SESA to change their policy on such things and also try to make DOL intervene and help the various SESA\'s take care of the backlogs..........

There was a rumour that the DOL will completely take over the LA process by March 2003 why not start now?????

US wants illegal immigrants perhaps!!!!

Looks like the US government, INS and the law makers are encouraging illegal immigrants. The petition of people who are living here legally is kept pending for clearing the petition of illegal people. Besides now they are planning to extend S245(i).
Actually I would say that the 245(i) petition should be handled by separate team and not be mixed with other applications. The applicants are already living here illegally and accepted their status. Then why should we be punished? Perhaps the lawyers are getting huge amounts from these illegal applicatants and that is why AILA is doing nothing.

Exactly.........the more 245(i) the more money for the lawers.....

They (or the most of them) will react only if there is legislations threatening the volume their business.
I hope I\'m wrong.....:(
I hope they will prove me wrong...... let\'s see

No Title

The lawyers are waiting for the the legal people to become illegal so that they can get more money. Also the government knows only to help the illegal immigrants and that is why they are planning to extend S245(i).