Who can tell me more in detail about

MelliFobian

Hi everyone, I am new on your forum www.ImmigrationPortal.com, I've been reading it for a while, and decided to try my luck asking a few questions Who can tell me more in detail about the "General L Visa and Related Issues". Please Mail Me..!! Best Regards..!!

Hi

You can apply for an L visa if you have a company trading abroad with 5/6 employees

Your existing company can sponser you for L visa so you can tranfer to the USA to open subsidery.

The new USA company must have the same share ratio as existing company

If approved you will get L visa for one year, then renewalable up to a total of 7 years

If USA is a success then the uSA company can file I 140 for employee and if approved then apply for green card

Regards Sue www.expatsvoice.org

QA slightly different scenario

I have formed an Indian company and a US company each with the same shareholding pattern. We expect to have 100K in revenue between both the companies and 50K in profits in one year. Can we go ahead and file for an L! based on this? The L1 would not be for a management position but an employee position. Are there some revenue and profit numbers that companies look at while forming L1's.