Who Applied for Canadian Immigration in April/May/June \'02 ..please post your dates here

pkp

Registered Users (C)
Who ever applied for canadian immi. in April/May/June 02, please post your details here. I applied in the last week of April. Still there was no response from consulate in Buffalo. Any idea how long it will take to get the AOR these days? I haven\'t sent the FBI clearance with the main application. Now I received them from FBI. I want to know when can I send them. I read from other forums that I have to wait until I get AOR and then with the filenumber attached, I can send the FBI Clearance. If there are any other ways, please let me know.

My application was sent on April 26th, 2002.

Thanks

Don\'t worry

Hello

I sent my papers in January-2002 and received the Aor, like anybody else, around 16 weeks later(May20,2002).After that you will wait around 30 more weeks.So if they will not get into major backlog you will been geting a answer "yes with or without interview"around
may of 2003.Remember that the AOR comes first(file number) probable in august or september of 2002.When you get you file number send the fingerprints result with your file number attach to the paper.Get a confirmation received envelope from the Postal Office.

Good luck

Sapo

Well

If you are luck and get you interview waived then you may get the Landing papers(Canadian GC) in 14 month.If you need interview then maybe 2 years.USA GC may take around 4 to 5 year to get done basic in the timetable today.This if you are doing thru employment.Plus the process is so complex that you have to hire a lawyer to do the paperwork($5000+expenses).In addition you may not get your
USA GC in case of the corporation fire you,go down south or closed the door.In Canada process you are applying for yourself
(much better system).In USA GC your boss is applying for you and can stop the process anytime he wants.

USA GC
Labor Certification=Last time i check takes around 3 year
I-140 application=90 days
i-485 application= 1 year

and of course if everthing goes well.If they need extra paperwork then only God knows when you get you USA GC

Anyway
Good luck

Thank you.

Looks like now a days Canadian Immi. is also becoming like USA GC. I thought AOR will come in 1,2 months and then after 7,8 months I will get medicals and everything will be done in 1 year. But now it looks like it is going to take more than an year, may be 18 months approximately to get the Canadian GC.

Thanks for your reply.

Any one got AOR from Bufallo?

Anyone who applied in April got AOR from Bufallo office?? I sent appl. in the last week of April, so far I didn't hear anything from them. Please keep posting your experiences.

Applied on March 1st Week, 02

Hi folks,

I have applied to Bufalo office during 1st week of March, 2002. So far not received File#. Did any one get the File# recently?

Thanks for the help,
Rao

becoming very delay

Earlier I don't have any idea in applying US GC. Recently after knowing its time consuming process, I have decided to apply at least for Canada GC. Now I am thinking that if I start applying for US GC, I could get it first.