Which path is best to take?

FVE

I'm currently living in the UK, and own a small property rental company for Florida Vacation Homes. There are 2 of us working for the company at the moment, although we have plans to expand, and want to open a property management company in the US, as this will benefit our customers a great amount.

We've been given 2 options as to how to go about doing this, but we're not sure what to do. In either case, only one of us will go to the US, the other will remain in the UK to run the company and to train new staff.

Option 1:
We apply for an L1A visa to transfer one of us out to the US to open the new office and to get things started. We're both married, so we'll both have 2 sets of hands to get things going in the US.

Option 2:
We apply for an E-2 visa and start the company over there. This will give us indefinite residence, compared to L1A which lasts, 7 years I believe?

L1A certainly seems like an easier route for us, but are there any benefits over the 2 visas?

And if we did go for an E2 visa, what money would we be required to prove? On the US Embassy's website, it says $1,000,000 capitol in most cases. Our business is going well, but not well enough to have that kind of money!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

business idea

Hi FVE. I do not have an answer to your querry. I am posting this because the business that you are doing has been in my head since three years now.
I live in New delhi, India. Here the legal procedure is lenthy and sometimes very very time consuming. In short you cannot run a business of property rentals in India. If you could companies would have done it long ago.
The plus point in US business of propert rentals is that you get back your property if you do not get the rent. Thus the initial capital is safe.
I was looking at investing aprox $100,000 into this business. Now that may not be enough. Since you are already in this business, can you give an aprrox. idea of returns on investments? It may be possible to use ehis business as an invesment for people wanting assured returns on their money.
Thus if 10 or 15 investers invest in a property, a way can be devised to spread the profits between the investors. The shre of an investor could be sold when required.
I would like your comments and see we could be of mutual help to each other.