which date is correct

AnaLC

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
can someone pls. shad some light onto how is that possible that both immigration.com and dol's own website says that boston dol is processing november last year for RIR and i see rir cases from may being apprved on this board!!
i'm confused and hopeful at the same time.
thanks in advance,
Ana

Which Years?

Hi Ana,

Did you see May 2002 approval somewhere? Let me know plz.

As for your question I assume you are talking about May 2001 approvals of LC. If you see May 2001 approval then read on:

Entry date for DOL and SESA are different. The entry date for SESA is when your lawyer files LC (approximately) and that for DOL is when SESA sends the Application to DOL. That is logical else there maybe 10 states which maybe having diff date and SESA cannot macth them. Also there is possible lag in transfers(couple of weeks).

Did I answer what you were looking for?

hi,
two of my friends LCs (Eb2-rir) was approved this month and sesa trasfered them to boston regional dol this year (2002) therefore their dol date is something june 2002 and approval is july, 2002! And if you go to boston dol tracker, there are folks with approved lcs whose papers were transfered to the regional center this year.
- all these are RIR cases.

however, boston dol says that they are processing november, 2001!
somone any information?

This is the case.

Let me quote http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp:

The dates provided in the tables below represent the date stamped on the labor certification application when it was received at the regional or state offices.

This means, for example, that there are still cases dated Nov. 2001 in Boston, which are not cleared nor rejected i.e. 'Live'. This is the 'worse case' situation in a way.

Perhaps this is the why this web-site exits - else we would have just gone to gov sites.

Did I make myself clear?

thanks a lot, this is indeed useful.

however my question is than how does DOL decide which case to process and at what date? is this "time window" (processing RIR Eb2 cases from Nov. 2001 to June. 2002 at once) style processing the norm at other DOL offices?

My LC was applied in CA, and the pattern of approvals posted on this tracking board exacltly mirrors DOL's report on their website, meaning that approvals/denials come out from LCs transfered to regional DOL in Dec, 2002!

Consequently: Is that possible to move cases somehow ahead of others in the line and get it processed sooner?! This doesn't sound fair to me at all. And if yes, why would it happen only to cases filed in Boston?!

If you could tell me what criteria DOL uses to pick cases from the line would be really helpful!
Thanks in advance.
Ana

Pattern

I have also heard of date windowing but not 6 months large ones(maybe as CA is large state they maybe having a larger window size).

There is no way in which one can tell of any pattern in selection of cases - but what I can make out is that it depends on lots of factors - mostly subjective. I guess it helps if certifying officer likes one's face(or rather one's application.). :D

As for CA I am not sure but have you heard of someone getting LC in recent month? What were there dates - Recv Date as SESA, Acceptance Date at DOL and Certification Date?

One more point on which fast certification depends is if one applies as farmer quota or as software engg! Illegals are best bet anyway!