Which consulate does INS select for CP (Address, POB etc)

nonu

Registered Users (C)
CP Gurus, help with these questions. I can imagine lot of new CPrs have
these questions.

The address on my passport is a rented house in Mumbai (when I was working there), ofcourse I donot stay there any longer. My parents stay in Punjab. My Place of Birth is Punjab.

QUESTIONS:
1) Which service centre is INS going to give me (by passport address or by place of birth)?
2) Can I select/change the US consulate in India?
3) In PCC form they have Permanent Address. Which one is this? US address, address on passport or the Address where my parents stay.
4) With the new changes to Packet 3 and PCC requirement. How much time is it taking now a days from I140 approval to CP.

Thanks a lot

some answers

1) Which service centre is INS going to give me (by passport address or by place of birth)?
> I guess you are asking about the consulate and not the INS service center. Consulate is based on your current address (if outside US) OR your native country address (address in passport) if you are in US. The INS service center is based on where your sponsoring company is located.

2) Can I select/change the US consulate in India?
> No. But you can probably change the address on your passport and try after that. You can usually do this at the time of requesting for CP I think.

3) In PCC form they have Permanent Address. Which one is this? US address, address on passport or the Address where my parents stay.
> Whatever is in your passport

4) With the new changes to Packet 3 and PCC requirement. How much time is it taking now a days from I140 approval to CP.
Check out cptracker.com