Where to file I-130 and I-1485

siliconhybrid

Registered Users (C)
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I havent found a definite answer.

I am petitioning for both my parents for Green Card.
They are here in the US thru B2 visitor visa, they just recently decided to live here in the US. It has been more than 60 days since their last entry to US (they have been here many times before). The main reason of petitioning now is, when they came here 2 months ago, the immigration officer said they come to US too often, and this may be their last one. That's why they decided to just apply for greencard now.

Questions:
1) Is there anything that I may be missing that might get the petition denied?
2) I have completed I-130 package and I-485 package (with all the supporting docs) Where do I send this package? Do I send them (I-130 & I-485) separately or can I send them in one packet? I live in San Jose, CA

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
If they were admitted properly and their I-94 has not expired they should be able to apply.

Make sure you have all documentation(to prove relationship to US citizen, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.)

You can send I-130 + I-485 together to the address mentioned for concurrent filing in USCIS website. Send separate checks for I-130 and I-485 fees, one for each parent ( 4 checks total). Also send separate copies of support documentation for each applicant. Each application will get separated and need support docs, fees attached to that application.

You might want to also include affidavit of support and sealed doctor's medical report for each applicant for which you might want to get an appointment at a nearby medical facility that does immigration medicals. The medical report and affidavit of support are required.

My mom went thru this process around 2 years ago, if you have specific questions send me a message. I am also in SV in NorCal.