Where from the new US Passports are mailed ?

Mailing

My passport was mailed from the Houston passport agency... I live in Dallas.

ABSrao..where did you get the tracking number and hot springs park address from?

ABSrao..where did you get the tracking number and hot springs park address from?
expedited processing is usually done at the nearest pp agency and sent back ... mine is a routine service.

state dept send an email if you register your email address on their status check page.

There is online status check page where you can check status of your passport application. I called the customer service to add my passport card and asked to see where my processing is. He said its mailed out and gave me tracking number (USPS) that you can track on USPS site. Thats how I got this information.

PP card and NC

Received PP card and NC back last night, all mailed from Houston agency with Houston postmarks via ordinary post

My passport was mailed from the passport agency in Chicago, as per the address on the envelope. I live in a Chicago suburb.

I would agree that it is not the most important issue, but I guess it is nice to know that it seems they try to process the application and send it from a nearby place so it should save some mail time and speed up the overall process.

We priority mailed ours to Philadelphia. Standard processing would take 6 to 8 weeks... or we could fork over more money.
Took about a week before they acknowledged receipt.
Week later we get an email with a Priority Mail from USPS tracking number. Checked that number everyday but there was no record at the USPS until 6 days later. Tracking information shows it is being mailed from HOT SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK, ARKANSAS. Being delivered in Florida today.
22 days from preparing and mailing the application until receipt of the passports.
If they eliminated the pack mule transfer from Philadelphia to Hot Springs, it would be considered speedy service.