When will EB2 India reach Aug 2005?

Same Boat as you.
Seems like a long long wait still...

Here's my thought on this..
It will move to April 2005 pretty fast if BEC numbers are not that huge.
After Apr 2005 (around that time Perm had started), lot of Perm Eb2 were filed (no facts or figures, just from talking to other people!). Also due to potential removal of concurrent filing, I think lot of Eb2 labors nust have been filed around that time.
So April05 to August05 would be painfully slow.

My guess is some-time in 2008.. we should see our dates as current.

Eb2

yep..

true...introduction of PERM would have seen a lot of EB2 India filings..looks like for us with post PERM introduction PDs the wait will be longer...unless some bill miraculously passes before that..wishful thinking..

We are close...

I think India EB2 dates go to Dec 2005 by August bulletin. Following reasons:
- Not many employers were applying for labors through PERM in 2005 due to skepticism about the system.
- EB2 had a lot of rejections when PERM initially came out. One more reason employers were not applying many EB2s.
- A lot of EB2 labors from April 2004 to March 2005 are still in BEC.

However the above predictions will be proved wrong if :
- BEC churns out more approvals.
- A lot of people ported their previous labors which were in BEC through PERM route.

I hope that EB2 moves to 2005 and beyond before October bulletin. I have been waiting for 7 years and 2005 EB2 PERM was my 5th attempt at applying for labor which finally resulted in I-140 approval.

I think India EB2 dates go to Dec 2005 by August bulletin. Following reasons:
- Not many employers were applying for labors through PERM in 2005 due to skepticism about the system.
- EB2 had a lot of rejections when PERM initially came out. One more reason employers were not applying many EB2s.
- A lot of EB2 labors from April 2004 to March 2005 are still in BEC.

However the above predictions will be proved wrong if :
- BEC churns out more approvals.
- A lot of people ported their previous labors which were in BEC through PERM route.

I hope that EB2 moves to 2005 and beyond before October bulletin. I have been waiting for 7 years and 2005 EB2 PERM was my 5th attempt at applying for labor which finally resulted in I-140 approval.

I don't think so. If it makes after June 2004, I will get surprised. Because of massive movement in cutoff dates for EB3-ROW (from 2002 to 2005 in last 3 months) and massive movement in EB2 India and china, I doubt there will be enough numbers for EB2-India to move the cutoff dates to 2005 before the end of this fiscal years.

Awaara,

I am in the same boat as you. My PD is also Dec 2005. I just hope and pray (like you predicted) that the future Visa Bulletins would show te date moving ahead till 2005.
The current labor is my 4th one after earlier failures.

Keep me posted

Same boat here.
I had priority of August 05 and jumped job thinking that date movement will be very very slow.I never expected this big jump.Glad i'm proved wrong.

Seeing current movement I'm thinking that Aug 05 will be current in 08 june (good chance) and definitely by 09 june.I'm jumping again and hoping that i will be ready with my new employer to file 485 when 05 Aug becomes current sucessfully porting my priority date of August 05 (left at a good note and my ex employer has not withdrawn I140).

Would be really helpful if one of the pundit who predicted the current movement posts when 05 Aug will be current.

EB2 India PD

My pd is March 25/05. I-140 approved. Last day of pre-Perm labor.
Anyone think it will be current in the next 2/3 months?

Guys!

You all are quite hopeful and I admire you for that. My PD is 12/2004 and my I140 was filed in 09/2006 ... still in process at Nebraska Center under EB2. I am hoping for my PD to be current around May 2008.

Keep hanging in ... every dog has his day, so will be mine ... someday!:rolleyes:

It will move to April 2005 pretty fast if BEC numbers are not that huge.
After Apr 2005 (around that time Perm had started), lot of Perm Eb2 were filed (no facts or figures, just from talking to other people!).

thats odd. Atleast in my company (& those where a few other friends work) we did a lot of EB2 filing just before PERM came through (in Jan/Feb/March 05).

This was mainly because some of the attorneys were uncomfortable about the new system, and worried about rejections (which did occur) as the system settles down and starts working. So atleast in our case we have lots of PDs in Jan-Feb-March 2005.

Wish they had stats of LC approvals in some public place.... there would be no need of all these trackers and guesswork :(

thats odd. Atleast in my company (& those where a few other friends work) we did a lot of EB2 filing just before PERM came through (in Jan/Feb/March 05).

This was mainly because some of the attorneys were uncomfortable about the new system, and worried about rejections (which did occur) as the system settles down and starts working. So atleast in our case we have lots of PDs in Jan-Feb-March 2005.

Wish they had stats of LC approvals in some public place.... there would be no need of all these trackers and guesswork :(

Thats interesting! If what you say is correct, this means even more delay to reach Aug/sep2005 dates. (unless somehow Eb3 worldwide becomes current and some overflow happens!)

Eb2

Thats interesting! If what you say is correct, this means even more delay to reach Aug/sep2005 dates. (unless somehow Eb3 worldwide becomes current and some overflow happens!)

Eb2

yes, thats what I was also thinking: EB3-ROW becoming current is the best hope for EB2 India/China.

+ note also that lots of my friends companies that had stopped filing greencards after the layoffs in 2001/2002/2003 starting filing again in 2004-2005. So thats another reason a ton of folks would be having PDs from mid-2004 onwards...

+ also the polls (both here and on immigrationvoice) show that lots of people are becoming current in June. Dont know if USCIS expected that when they said that they expect more forward movement in the future. If they see a huge pile of 485s heading their way, they might throttle again (push the dates back)

more reason to pray EB3-ROW becomes current soon

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my understanding from the data available in http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx

First of all EB3 ROW to become current is very difficult, just PERM cases approved till date is 160K, out of that 50% is rest of the world, which is equal to 80*2.5 (Dependents)=200K+any labor approved from backlog * dependents. Even 50% is EB3, we still talking about roughly 150K, so we cannot expect EB3 world current in any time soon.

India case:
Old labor approved for world from Jan 1 2003 to April 1 2004 are around 10,500, assume 20% cases are approved in FY2005 and EB2 share is 30% of remaining is around 3000.Out this India share is 30%, lets say 1000 (This data is only for cases approved from state centers)

3. Only info we don't have to approximate number of cases approved from backlog center between Jan 1 2003 to April 1 2004, Say X here.

In order to clear cases till current priority date till April 1 2004, they need to process (1000+X) * 2.5, lets says X is 1000, we still talking over 3000, which is FY2007 yearly limit for EB2 India.

Do you guy still think EB2 India will move?

NOTE: I am not good at analysis, please don't take this for any decision.

I need your input, also noticed PERM EB2 from March 2005 to June 2005 are only 700, EB2 India could be 400. I believe if it reaches 2005, then it is not difficult to reach July/August 2005 (this is what I want).

Last edited by a moderator:
There are good chances of EB-2 India moving to Jan 2006.
1) There are not many EB-2 PERM cases in 2005.
2) The EB-2 cases which were filed before March 28, 2005 are in backlog and there is a good chance they will continue to remain in backlog till the end of this year.
3) Categories EB1, EB4, EB5 for India are current and their unused numbers go to EB2

I hope you are right about the number of cases and the movement of EB2 India PD.
My case was filed on the last day of pre perm. PD 3/25/05.
Aren't all backlog Labors supposed to be cleared by Sep?
I am also a fine example of having two labors in the pre perm system. First one got cleared recently too. Probably gonna be wasted.

There are good chances of EB-2 India moving to Jan 2006.
1) There are not many EB-2 PERM cases in 2005.
2) The EB-2 cases which were filed before March 28, 2005 are in backlog and there is a good chance they will continue to remain in backlog till the end of this year.
3) Categories EB1, EB4, EB5 for India are current and their unused numbers go to EB2

Hi aawara,
how much do u think the numbers will move by next month?