ALL,
My CP status

140 AD : June 19th 2004
NVC Case Created: July 15th 2004
NVC Case Number:MDR200469XXXX
Current State: Waiting for NVC Fee Receipt

Question:

When should i start my PCC process, knowing the validity is for 6 months
is there any special check point after which we should start it?
Im thinking more like after we send the Packet 3(application for Imm.petition) to NVC and then apply for PCC.

Please let me know

Rgds
/S

r_sada said:
ALL,
My CP status

140 AD : June 19th 2004
NVC Case Created: July 15th 2004
NVC Case Number:MDR200469XXXX
Current State: Waiting for NVC Fee Receipt

Question:

When should i start my PCC process, knowing the validity is for 6 months
is there any special check point after which we should start it?
Im thinking more like after we send the Packet 3(application for Imm.petition) to NVC and then apply for PCC.

Please let me know

Rgds
/S

Appying after sending in the Packet 3 would be fine.

Raju

For me it is a little complicated.. my wife is planning to leave earlier than me and we plan to come back together.. I have to apply for her PCC before mine for 2 reasons:

1) she would leave earlier
2). Her PCC would take more time because her passport is issued in India and mine was issued by India Consulate, NY. Based on what I have read mine should be pretty quick where as hers might take upto 45 days.

Can anyone confirm #2.

Thanks.
S

sanjay76 said:
For me it is a little complicated.. my wife is planning to leave earlier than me and we plan to come back together.. I have to apply for her PCC before mine for 2 reasons:

1) she would leave earlier
2). Her PCC would take more time because her passport is issued in India and mine was issued by India Consulate, NY. Based on what I have read mine should be pretty quick where as hers might take upto 45 days.

Can anyone confirm #2.

Thanks.
S

My wife's took 40 days from Ny consulate.mine took only 6 days because my pasport issued from Ny consulate.my wife's from INdia

Thanks
VJ

Vj,

quick question:

Did you apply by mail for your PCCs? Is it safe to apply by mail? I am little bit skeptical.. what if the passports get lost in the mail? Please advise.

Thanks.
S

sanjay76 said:
Vj,

quick question:

Did you apply by mail for your PCCs? Is it safe to apply by mail? I am little bit skeptical.. what if the passports get lost in the mail? Please advise.

Thanks.
S

i applied through mail.i applied first for my wife then i applied for me.
it is safe if u send through cerified mail
VJ :)

sanjay,

Should be safe. Make sure you go with registered/Delivery conf. mail or courier (if the consualte accepts it).

VJ2002 and Dilbert,

Quick question - did you guys send a copy of your wife's passport first and eventually sent the original passport after the 35 -40 day period or after knowing that the PCC has been cleared?? or did you send originals at the time of application??

I ask this because I think somewhere I read that some people send copy specially for passports issued in India as it takes much longer to get PCC in this case and people do not want or feel comfortable sending the Passports for such a long period.

I am trying to see if Consulate office in NY accepts initial copy of passport....

Thanks.
S

sanjay,

I'll put my foot in ...

I did send only a copy of my wife's passport to Houston. About 35 days later, I called and they asked to send in the original passport.

Pcc

Sanjay,

I got the PCC from Newyork consulate for me and my wife. Both our passports were issued in India. Initially, I sent them the copies of both our passports along with a request and the amount for issuing the PCC's.

I was in constant touch with them after 30 days and on the 45th day they asked me to send both our original passports.

Hope this info helps.

DA

sanjay76 said:
VJ2002 and Dilbert,

Quick question - did you guys send a copy of your wife's passport first and eventually sent the original passport after the 35 -40 day period or after knowing that the PCC has been cleared?? or did you send originals at the time of application??

I ask this because I think somewhere I read that some people send copy specially for passports issued in India as it takes much longer to get PCC in this case and people do not want or feel comfortable sending the Passports for such a long period.

I am trying to see if Consulate office in NY accepts initial copy of passport....

Thanks.
S