when to disclose something in the interview???

jukito

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I want to disclose a traffic citation due to red light. I prefer to disclose it just in case.

I don´t know when it is better to disclose it in the interview. I read some people says that it is better starting the interview and say you want to update something. Others say that it´s better once the IO ask you about good moral character. But What if the IO don´t ask you about good moral character.

So When do you thing it should be better to disclose it and why??

Please help
Thanks

You don't need to disclose that type of traffic infraction. But if you feel you must, you can do so when they reach the section about whether you have ever been arrested, cited, etc.

Is it a red light violation for which you received a ticket from an officer who caught you in the act, or was it an auto-detected violation recorded by a camera and then you got the ticket in the mail?

Is it a red light violation for which you received a ticket from an officer who caught you in the act, or was it an auto-detected violation recorded by a camera and then you got the ticket in the mail?

Thanks,
Jack it was an auto-detected violation recorded by a camera and I received the ticket in the mail.
I read post some people say it doesn´t need to disclose traffic ticket others the opposite.
I prefer to disclose it just in case.

A traffic ticket issued as a result of the camera is not a considered a citation to "you" because the camera takes a pics of your plates, but there is no way to determine you were the one driving the car that is why there is no points on your licenses, but if you feel the need to volenteer that to the IO, then go right ahead.

If you would like to change something at the interview, you should do it at the beginning ... so that the officer can not say that the applicant changed it under repeated questioning. But changing when you reach that question also works.

Considering this isn't something that the IO would have prior knowledge of (as was the case recently with an applicant who disclosed they didn't register to vote, but USCIS had info they did), disclosing your traffic ticket before or during the interview questions about citations wouldn't make any difference.

But dont you have to check YES on the N-400 where it asks whether you have been arrested or citied? Did OP check that on the application?

could you provide your reference on this, please?
is there a link or source?
thank you
A traffic ticket issued as a result of the camera is not a considered a citation to "you" because the camera takes a pics of your plates, but there is no way to determine you were the one driving the car that is why there is no points on your licenses, but if you feel the need to volenteer that to the IO, then go right ahead.

But dont you have to check YES on the N-400 where it asks whether you have been arrested or citied? Did OP check that on the application?

Considering OP is asking about how to disclose it at interview, it's assumed OP originally answered NO on application but has since had second thoughts about it since sending in application.

Red lights cameras are usually run by a private 3rd party contracted by the city. The revenue is split between the both of them. The infractions are issued to the car and not to the driver since there is no way to know who is driving it.

Red lights cameras are usually run by a private 3rd party contracted by the city. The revenue is split between the both of them. The infractions are issued to the car and not to the driver since there is no way to know who is driving it.

Exactly, I spoke to someone at 1-800 mentioned on the traffic violation ticket (Camera thingy) that came in mail. Since, I had couple of Camera tickets, I asked the representative if I could get a list of my tickets. He asked me the reason for this. I told him that I need the details for N-400 Citizenship application. The Represenative told me that these traffic violation are not of crime type and does not take part of driving records. He also told me NOT to worry about these tickets and NO need of mentioning in N-400 form. His statement was confirmed as these were not highlighted in my driving record, I got the report recenty form DMV.

I have read several opinions in may threads and trust me its driving me crazy.
Bottom line, I did not tick 'YES' for citation in my N-400 form.

However, if you paid the ticket, doesnt that mean that you admitted that it was you who was driving,
besides, there is a photo/video with your image on it. Also, when the citation comes, it has your photo not just a plate number,
how is that it is not a violation that you dont have to mention during your interview?
and it says "citation" on the letter, it doesnt say "ticket", so, doesnt that mean that you are citied?

If you would like to change something at the interview, you should do it at the beginning ... so that the officer can not say that the applicant changed it under repeated questioning. But changing when you reach that question also works.

I think this makes sense....... beginning in the sense just after swearing in......

Exactly, I spoke to someone at 1-800 mentioned on the traffic violation ticket (Camera thingy) that came in mail. Since, I had couple of Camera tickets, I asked the representative if I could get a list of my tickets. He asked me the reason for this. I told him that I need the details for N-400 Citizenship application. The Represenative told me that these traffic violation are not of crime type and does not take part of driving records. He also told me NOT to worry about these tickets and NO need of mentioning in N-400 form. His statement was confirmed as these were not highlighted in my driving record, I got the report recenty form DMV.

I have read several opinions in may threads and trust me its driving me crazy.
Bottom line, I did not tick 'YES' for citation in my N-400 form.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of your answers.
Well I have been investigating:

- I spoke to a guy that called to 1800 . They told that it is not necessary to disclose it. Others guys say that 1800 is not always correct information.
- I saw that the question about considering a crime or not is depending of each state. I read some post that a IO in Texas told is a crime.
- It depends of type of traffic incident. I read a guy with a speeding ticket was denied because not seeing that.

Well, in addition I had a little accident in a parking lot (3 years ago), no police, no ticket, no citation. Both parths reported insurance. I think That it is not a crime and I weren´t detained by the police as a suspect in a crime. So I am not going to disclose this incident even thought was my fault and it is in my record.
I think the types of things they look for are quite limited. Getting a parking ticket or even getting into an accident where there are no criminal charges of reckless endangerment simply can never establish the basis for a finding of bad moral character.

Anyway, if I disclose something like red light citation doesn´t hurt me. But if you don´t say...doubt.

However, if you paid the ticket, doesnt that mean that you admitted that it was you who was driving,
besides, there is a photo/video with your image on it. Also, when the citation comes, it has your photo not just a plate number,
how is that it is not a violation that you dont have to mention during your interview?
and it says "citation" on the letter, it doesnt say "ticket", so, doesnt that mean that you are citied?

There is no photo with your image on it. A camera takes a picture of the license plate. The ticket is then sent to the titled/registered owner of the vehicle, who may or may not have been the person driving it.

Also, did you actually read my earlier post? A camera is NOT a law enforcement officer. The N-400 asks if you have ever been cited by a law enforcement officer. Can the answer be any more clear?