When to apply?

lexis300

Registered Users (C)
So Im trying to figure out when do I actually apply for my citizenship.
I got my residency through my wife on APRIL 25, 07. It says that I can apply for citizenship on my 3rd year with my wife. So do i actually apply for citizenship. It also says that 3 year minus 90days? so i can apply on jan. 25 2010 for citizenship correct?

Look on your greencard, find "Resident Since" date, add three (3) years to it than subtract ninety (90) days. That's the earliest you’re eligible for citizenship given you satisfy the rest of the conditions (physical presence, continuous residence, good moral character, still married and living with your citizen spouse, etc.)

Cheers.

The "minus 90 days" part does not apply to the years of marriage. You can apply when you have 3 full years of marriage, and 3 year minus 90 days as a permanent residence. And don't apply exactly on that 90th day, because sometimes the data entry clerks will miscount the days and reject the application before you have a chance to talk it over in the interview. Wait a few days extra so even if they make a miscount by a couple days you won't be perceived as applying too early.