When should Packet 3 be mailed for a Dec. interview

immg_ques

Any idea on when I should be mailing my completed packet 3 forms in order to get an interview date sometime late December? I know this is a question that most certainly does not have a perfect answer, but I\'d appreciate a good guess. My case number got generated today at the NVC and the packet 3 should be mailed out in about 2 weeks. I\'d like a dec. interview both for personal reasons and for want of vacation days, more importantly the latter. Thanks.

No Title

I would say mail it so that it reaches late october (between 15th and 31st - but just after 15th would be good, I think). Then it would be too late to schedule a nov. interview.. but plenty of time for december. (However, if things change, like backlog develops in CP apps, it might get pushed to after Dec.)

Mail it such that it reaches Consulate by Oct 31st

Hi, I think its a good idea to mail it such that it reaches Consulate by Oct 31st. They will schedule interviews for Dec by Nov 15th and psot it on the website.

I have a question - How do you come to know that NVC has created a case number ? Do you need to call NVC ? How much time did it take to generate case no. at NVC from the date your I-140 was approved ?