• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

When should I mail my AOS (DV2006)?

mrdaniel76

My DV2006 number is available in July. Should I mail my AOS in July only or should I do during June? When did you mail yours?

Since I have only 3 months before the end of the fiscal year, I contracted an attorney to help me make sure I have all the forms filled correctly. Since they are filling on my behalf, who will receive the notification letter? Can I follow the progress online even though they filled? Where?

I am in Houston/TX, but as far as I’ve seen here, I should still mail to the Chicago address, right?

Thank you very much! Your help is really appreciated. :)

Your number will be available in July, that means that knew about it since they released June visa bulletin beginning of May. You should have mailed it then. I think you should mailed as soon as possible because you already lost one month.

My number became available in June, I found out about it when they released May Visa Buletin in April. I mailed my application immediately.

Your office is in Houston and as you can check they are moving really fast

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=37

You still have a chance to get approved before September 30th.

Last edited by a moderator:
mrdaniel76 said:
My DV2006 number is available in July. Should I mail my AOS in July only or should I do during June? When did you mail yours?

Since I have only 3 months before the end of the fiscal year, I contracted an attorney to help me make sure I have all the forms filled correctly. Since they are filling on my behalf, who will receive the notification letter? Can I follow the progress online even though they filled? Where?

I am in Houston/TX, but as far as I’ve seen here, I should still mail to the Chicago address, right?

Thank you very much! Your help is really appreciated. :)

Notification letter - both will receive: you and your lawyer. In my case, my lawyer received Notice of Action for the I-485 and also my interview letter, for some reason he didnt receive the Notice of Action for the Biometrics (only I did)

Progress online: you can check online after you receive your Notice of Action for your I-485. It will have a receipt number, you will enter it and it will show your status. WARNING: that online case status updating is very unreliable, it updates very slowly, sometimes they put wrong information and also it doesnt show any good information, for example, if you have a fingerptint appointment of an interview appointment made.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp;jsessionid=aMTEj-IGNHNc

Yes, you have to mail it to Chicago Lock box, they the will send it to a Service Center (may be Missouri Service Center), after few days they will forward your file to the local office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Memphis Office & DV AOS

Hi All,

Please share your experience if you have dealt with Memphis Office.According to website they are still processing Feb 05 for I-485.I had an info Pass in April and the officer told me DV cases are processed differently so you dont worry abt that.I live and work in Tennessee and we have decided to file AOS that will eventually move to Memphis Office.We have a very low number and it should be current in Oct 06.Any thoughts or experience be great!!!

Thank you all.

Jugnu786 said:
Hi All,

Please share your experience if you have dealt with Memphis Office.According to website they are still processing Feb 05 for I-485.I had an info Pass in April and the officer told me DV cases are processed differently so you dont worry abt that.I live and work in Tennessee and we have decided to file AOS that will eventually move to Memphis Office.We have a very low number and it should be current in Oct 06.Any thoughts or experience be great!!!

Thank you all.

Yes, it is true, they are processed separately. My local office processes I-485 with dates of April 30, 2005, and they already processed mine, which was submitted April 20, 2006.

vk96 said:
Your number will be available in July, that means that knew about it since they released June visa bulletin beginning of May. You should have mailed it then. I think you should mailed as soon as possible because you already lost one month.

My number became available in June, I found out about it when they released May Visa Buletin in April. I mailed my application immediately.

Your office is in Houston and as you can check they are moving really fast

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=37

You still have a chance to get approved before September 30th.

Thank you very much. I will see that my paperwork is submitted asap.