When I can file for Citizenship?

ardvrm45

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got green card in 2004 March. I am out of the county for 18 months on reentry permit, returned back in November 2006. Since then I am continuously staying in US.Do I have to wait until Nov-2011? or Can I start filing now?

Thanks....

You became eligible to file an N-400, 4 yrs and 1 day after returning from the long trip. That was November ?, 2010.

Thank you for your replies in this.

I got Gc in March 2004.
I left India in March 2005 and returned back after 19
months in November-2006.(on reentry permit)
I made trips in 2007,2009,2010,2011 all are 1 to 4 weeks.

I have a question in the application - "during the last 5 years
how many days out of US and how many trips made during the last
5 years.
DO I need to start include from 2006 or from 2007?

Thanks.

You have been eligible to apply since Nov. 2010 using the 4 year + 1 day rule, but since you would complete 5 years minus 90 days since the end of the Nov 2006 trip in August 2011 (i.e. this month), it makes sense to just wait however many days it will take to cross the 5 years minus 90 days mark. That will enable you to use the usual rule of 5 years minus 90 days, which should reduce the chances of delay due to supervisor review and/or an inexperienced IO being unfamiliar with the 4y+1d rule.

Which day of the month in Nov 2006 did that last long trip end?

I have a question in the application - "during the last 5 years
how many days out of US and how many trips made during the last
5 years.
DO I need to start include from 2006 or from 2007?

You have to include the portion of 2006 that is within the past 5 years.

I am filling the form. We need to provide 'citeations' in the application form.
I have 3 speeding tickets one in 1998, 2001 and 2008 or in 2009. I did not remember any of these dates. Paid $85 to $120. So what to fill about this informations?

The one from 2008 or 2009 is recent enough that you can get the details by requesting your driving record from the state.

I called the County officer/Court office and got the details. Thanks for your advice.

I am filling the form and question on the below.

"Do you owe any Federal, State, or locat taxes that are overdue? Yes/No"

I had taxes 'Owe' in 2009 and 2010, the 'Owe'd amount is withdrawn directly from the bank for the Federal taxes.
SO do I need to say Yes or NO for this?

Thanks

Thank you...
I have question on "No of days outside USA"
For example; suppose I left US on Monday and returned back to US on Friday, then no. of day will be 3 days or 4 days?

Put down 3 days since they say that usually partial days in the US count as full days. How many days have you spent outside the US? If it is close to 900, then this will pose a problem when it comes to the counting. Otherwise, don't worry.