What's Quickest?

chrisharper

Hey folks,
Ive done a LOT of reading these past few days and my brain is literally turning into mush... Can anyone help me out?
My fiancee lives in Canada right now and we've decided to absolutely take the plunge. The only issue is that I deploy for my 5th tour in Iraq pretty soon. Because of that, we want to get this underway as soon as possible. we were wondering if we just got married the next time she visited me, then did the regular filing for a spouse married to a USC, if that would get her to the states faster than doing a fiancee visa... The goal is to at least GET her into the states legally first, we can deal with the GC and all that stuff as time goes on, but as i said, the goal is to get her in the states legally (mainly so she can take care of the house while im deployed).
So, what do you guys think? Just get married here in the states next time shes here, she goes back home, and then i file for my spouse? OR, just file a fiancee visa? We're lookin for speed here...
Thanks in advance guys.
chris

If its speed youre looking for, then the K1 is the best option as you can apply for that NOW (provided you are both free to marry and have proof that you have met at least once in the past 2 years) rather than having to wait until youre married in order to apply for a spousal visa.

well, she only lives in canada and can fly in at any time. we can get married whenever we want. we just want to make absolutely sure which route would get her here the quickest.

cool... now that that is answered, the time frame seems to be a tad bit too long... i deploy in septemberand on top of that i just recieved bad news.... my previous wife never finalized our divorce from 2 years ago. i was on deployment (again... go figure. thanks bush) and she was supposed to take care of it while i was gone. i thought she did and thought all was well, but come to find out recently that she never did. SO, ive been married this whole time and never knew. HOWEVER, i emailed her and shes agreed to an uncontested divorce, which will take approximately 90 days here in the state of washington. SO, that means that my fiancee and i now have to wait 90 days before we can do ANYTHING. that also means that after my divorce is final, we would have only 90 days before i deploy to do paperwork and anything else that would need to be done.
do you think its wise to just start a k1 in 90 days (approx) when my divorce is final, even though i probably wont be here for a lot of the process? keeping in mind that i dont want her to move here AFTER i leave, Id rather her be here BEFORE i do?
OR is it a better move to just get married before i deploy, have her stay in canada, and then start the k3; knowing that 1)i deploy for a year and 2) thats about how long the process takes?
the fact that a k3 takes about a year wont be an issue seeing as to the fact that ill be deployed for that whole time and we cant be together anyway...
any answers would be appreciated. thanks again!!