What's going on? ..few ILs from USCIS (All DOs)

koolvik7

Registered Users (C)
I have noticed that there have been very few ILs sent by the USCIS for this month (as of now). Recently, the Interview Letters were being received (across all DOs) during the 2nd or 3rd week of the month, but for this month (April) there has been very very few ILs so far for all the District Offices. For instance in the Washington DO, the last IL was received 41 days back (for the cases that are being tracked). Any comment or idea why this might be happening?

I have noticed that there have been very few ILs sent by the USCIS for this month (as of now). Recently, the Interview Letters were being received (across all DOs) during the 2nd or 3rd week of the month, but for this month (April) there has been very very few ILs so far for all the District Offices. For instance in the Washington DO, the last IL was received 41 days back (for the cases that are being tracked). Any comment or idea why this might be happening?
koolvik,
I wonder if it has something to do with the H1B quota for FY2008 that they started accepting as of April 2 and the sheer volume of the applications received, having to be receipted, random selection process, notification of the winners and returning the cases which did not meet the cap... has caused this situation for other applications. Let's hope we see some IL's soon.

Good Luck!!
japs

That does make sense japs, even the N-400 NOAs have been taking a little more time recently. As the H1B applications are entered in the system by USCIS, things should be back to normal and ILs should start arriving I guess. Let's wait and watch........