What year tax return to be submitted with I-140?

neamoni

Registered Users (C)
Hi all!

My employer is getting ready to file the I-140 on my behalf, since the date on my LC will most likely become current in July.

The priority date of my PERM LC is October 2005. Since it is a small company, evidence supporting the employer's ability to pay wages will be the company's tax returns... but for what year? Is it the year when the LC was approved (Fiscal Year 2005)? Or is it the year when the employer is actually filing the I-140 (Fiscal Year 2006)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as we are filing pro se.

Thanks!

I hope you are right! But I think it will take a while for the 2005 priority date to become current.

Hi all!

My employer is getting ready to file the I-140 on my behalf, since the date on my LC will most likely become current in July.

The priority date of my PERM LC is October 2005. Since it is a small company, evidence supporting the employer's ability to pay wages will be the company's tax returns... but for what year? Is it the year when the LC was approved (Fiscal Year 2005)? Or is it the year when the employer is actually filing the I-140 (Fiscal Year 2006)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as we are filing pro se.

Thanks!

Why? The date for EB-3 (all areas) in the June Visa Bulletin is June 1, 2005 and they indicate that dates are likely to continue advancing in the coming months due to a decrease in demand of employment-based visas. In fact, it jumped from August 1, 2003 in the May bulletin. I think there is reason to be optimistic! :)

Plus, congratulations!! I see that your case shows certified as of today!!!