What would have been better?

FastTaxes

I have a tax office and notary service and one of my services is performing weddings. I recently performed a ceremony for a US Citizen and her fiancé was an undocumented Mexican immigrant. He entered the country without knowledge or permission of the US Government. My question is two-fold: Would it have been better (simpler) for her to apply for a fiancé's visa (K-129) and have him return to Mexico to obtain that visa then return to the US legally and THEN get married? And how long does that option take?

Second - what happens now? Does he get deported? Is he safe because he's married to a citizen? Does he have to return to Mexico anyway and then re-enter?

FYI-I have another wedding under the same circumstances scheduled this weekend and I'm curious about what would be the best option for these folks.
Thanks!

The best option is to steer clear of thier immigration woes, before you get yourself in trouble with ICE, you don't know for sure if these people have a legit marriage.
Just follow the law in performing their marriage and let them worry about the rest.