What would happen after calling USCIS?

Freemann

Registered Users (C)
Hi, there!

Because my PD is 08/2005 (EB-2 NIW; worldwide; I-140 approval 07/2005) and NSC is processing applications received on November 01, 2005, I called 1-800 number today.

The representative was surprised to learn that I have heard nothing from USCIS (except the Code-3 fingerprinting on 02/2006) and expressed a brief sympathy. She said she would contact USCIS to initiate a search/inquiry on the pending 485 application. For the name/background checks, she said she knows nothing about that.

My questions are: (a) What kind of response do you usually get after this routine inquiry? and (b) Do these telephone conversations speed up the 485 processing?

I would greatly appreciate your inputs and also advice on further actions!

You will probably receive a letter but doesn't mean anything

I did the same thing for my 485 at VSC. I received the response letter in a week saying my case is pending background check blah blah blah, and ask me to contact them again only after 6 months...

and I even don't see and LUD on my case so I guess they simply print that generic letter for every inquiries.

Thanks!

aaa85,

Thanks for the reply! I will wait for couple of weeks to receive the usual letter. In the meantime, I am going to write letters to senator and FBI. Thanks!

----------
04/01/05, I-140 EB-2 NIW Filed (NSC; Korean citizen).
07/29/05, I-140 Approved.
08/19/05, I-485 Receipt Date.
02/01/06, Code-3 Fingerprinting (LUD:02/02/06 with no message change).
07/21/06, Called USCIS to ask about I-485 status; About to contact senator and FBI.

Last edited by a moderator: