What will happen to my approved I-140..My company got merged

clockwork

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My I-140 got approved with company A. Later company A got merged with company B. The merged entity is called with company name 'company B'. What will happen to my approved I-140? Can i use it to apply for I-485? My lawyer advised to apply for another I-140 with the new company name (company B)? Does anyone have any experience with this scenario? Thanks for your response. - clock work

I am facing a similar situation. My company is likely to merge too. I think you have to request ur employer to file I-140 again under new company name along with a copy of ur old approved I-140. Good thing is that u can keep the original priority date.

hope it helps

I am facing a similar situation. My company is likely to merge too. I think you have to request ur employer to file I-140 again under new company name along with a copy of ur old approved I-140. Good thing is that u can keep the original priority date.

hope it helps

My company A was taken over by another company B and now I am the employee of B. At the time My I-140 was approved, I was the employee of Company A. Now I am the employee of B and just waiting for CP interview .My case is already completed by NVC one month back. Will it be a problem if I will go for the interview with the appointment letter of Company B?