What was wrong?

euly29

Registered Users (C)
I received my I-797C today and to my surprise it stated notice type:Rejection notice. It has to be re submitted for some reason that I still need to find out from lawyer.

Could anyone tell me what it means since i received a receipt no but no priority date?

since you got a rejection for your petition, you got no priority date. PD is for accepted petitions. What was the reason for the rejection?

I luckily paid 600 dollars and [the lawyer] made it very convenient by leaving her place (45mins) to come to my house. I had alot of doubts with a few questions on the forms and I felt more comfortable to invest $600 for certainty and a peace of mind.
so, you still have certainty and peace of mind using your lawyer, right?

There had to be some kind of reason for your petition's denial listed.

What was wrong?
we don't really know what went wrong in your case.

I received my I-797C today and to my surprise it stated notice type:Rejection notice. It has to be re submitted for some reason that I still need to find out from lawyer.

Could anyone tell me what it means since i received a receipt no but no priority date?

I think that the I-130 was approved because it was not sent back and that cheque was not sent back either. I also have a receipt no?

so, you still have certainty and peace of mind using your lawyer, right?

There had to be some kind of reason for your petition's denial listed.

we don't really know what went wrong in your case.

If I had made this mistake, I would have had to pay the difference. Yes I still prefer to use the lawyer since my expectation is getting a competent one. Life is a chance and risks are inevitable. Dont have time to go through the whole head trip with you.

I think that the I-130 was approved because it was not sent back and that cheque was not sent back either.
check with your bank whether your check was cashed. If it was, then check whether your bank offers check images online - USCIS stamps the case number on the back.

I also have a receipt no?
I don't know. Do you?

If you are an immediate relative of a USC, you won't have a priority date anyway, since a visa number is available to you immediately. Just make sure the petition is actually accepted and approved later.

Do it yourself. Your lawyer isn't helping you. Or get a different lawyer - a more competent one, just like you wanted.

check with your bank whether your check was cashed. If it was, then check whether your bank offers check images online - USCIS stamps the case number on the back.

I don't know. Do you?

If you are an immediate relative of a USC, you won't have a priority date anyway, since a visa number is available to you immediately. Just make sure the petition is actually accepted and approved later.

Do it yourself. Your lawyer isn't helping you. Or get a different lawyer - a more competent one, just like you wanted.

Thanks for the information. However, I gave the lawyer cash and she made out the cheques in her name. I am meeting with her today and will be able to get the information as to what took place. The NOA stated 30th of july, does this means the new fee would have been applicable?

My husband was born here. Is this category considered an immediate relative to a USC.

Hi,
check the i797c rejection letter that was sent to you, the reason why is was rejected will be written there and it is not a big deal, just correct it and send it back to the address provided at the bottom of the letter.
i had a rejection letter sent to me too when i first started, i corrected it and sent it back and i am no my way to my green card now. mine was rejected becos i did not include the propare fees.
And i support LucyMo, u don't really need a lawyer except u have a lot of $$ to spend, get involved in your case, know what is happening and ask questions when u don't know, do reseach on the intenet and you will be okay as the most of us here at this forum.

Hi,
check the i797c rejection letter that was sent to you, the reason why is was rejected will be written there and it is not a big deal, just correct it and send it back to the address provided at the bottom of the letter.
i had a rejection letter sent to me too when i first started, i corrected it and sent it back and i am no my way to my green card now. mine was rejected becos i did not include the propare fees.
And i support LucyMo, u don't really need a lawyer except u have a lot of $$ to spend, get involved in your case, know what is happening and ask questions when u don't know, do reseach on the intenet and you will be okay as the most of us here at this forum.

You have been the best assistance to me mentally because I was very frustrated. Please take note that my family n relatives forced n pressured me to use a lawyer. The strange thing is that I am studying law via university of London and I am upset that I listened because I usually take their advise.

My husband was born here. Is this category considered an immediate relative to a USC.

you as a spouse of a USC are the immediate relative of USC. I am surprized that you have no basic knowledge of the immigration procedure.

Go to www.uscis.gov and read the basic info. It's not that complex. If you can study law, you can definitely read through several pages of text written for laypeople. Once you do, you will have a better understanding of basic procedures, and it will be easier to evaluate your new lawyer.

you as a spouse of a USC are the immediate relative of USC. I am surprized that you have no basic knowledge of the immigration procedure.

Go to www.uscis.gov and read the basic info. It's not that complex. If you can study law, you can definitely read through several pages of text written for laypeople. Once you do, you will have a better understanding of basic procedures, and it will be easier to evaluate your new lawyer.

Firstly, I study english law and not particularly immigration. I now had the time to read up these stuff. I have to also study for upcoming exams that I paid for and I really thought that my lawyer would have been competent.

However, I am aware of majority of the info that applies to me. I am surprise that you are surprize since there maybe things that people not aware.

And I am surprise that you are surprised that she is surprised. Because obviously if you come looking for advice, you may as well take it ;).

Lawyers for a case as simple as yours, are not needed. Waste of $.

And I am surprise that you are surprised that she is surprised. Because obviously if you come looking for advice, you may as well take it ;).

Lawyers for a case as simple as yours, are not needed. Waste of $.

Like I said I am not on this forum to go through the whole head trip.

Maybe not, but certain basic information (such as the reason for rejection) has to be provided, or nobody will be in a position to help.

Additionally, its worth remembering that everyone here is a volunteer, and the vast majority of us have no legal training whatsoever. All any of us can offer is advice and support based on prior experience.

Finally, remember that free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it...

Maybe not, but certain basic information (such as the reason for rejection) has to be provided, or nobody will be in a position to help.

Additionally, its worth remembering that everyone here is a volunteer, and the vast majority of us have no legal training whatsoever. All any of us can offer is advice and support based on prior experience.

Finally, remember that free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it...

understood. I just have no tolerance for sacarcism from members.

I think that the I-130 was not submitted or it was misplaced.The documents that came back had an enclosed letter from the lawyer saying she enclosed the I485 but I did not see any mention of the I-130. The lawyer claimed it was sent but the fact that they stated:

Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit with the proper documentation to the address listed on the bottom of the notice.

The following documents maybe provided:
your original form I-130
a copy of your form I-797, (notice of action) if the petition has already been filed/approved
or other evidence that an immigration visa petition has been filed/approved.

That means you did not file Form I-130. Submit your Form I-130 along with the Form I-797C you received. The process should now resume after receipt.

Your Attorney should give you a refund. They did not file it in the first place.

That means you did not file Form I-130. Submit your Form I-130 along with the Form I-797C you received. The process should now resume after receipt.

Your Attorney should give you a refund. They did not file it in the first place.

Thank you. I just wanted this confirm since the lawyer claimed otherwise. My comprehension is good after all.