what to do????

mr needy

Registered Users (C)
my wife citizen ship interview was done on 23 sept 04 ,a decesion could not be made but she did pass the test. its been 3 months now since that. we have moved to chicago 2months back. her interview was done in orlando DO.
what do think i should do
should i file ar 11 for change of address . i am not doing this as i came to kbnow that it will cause me unneccaesary delay......!!
should we hire an attourney. please can any bodty guide for a good attourney in chicago who can help us out in this case.please help us out thanks in advance

mr needy said:
my wife citizen ship interview was done on 23 sept 04 ,a decesion could not be made but she did pass the test. its been 3 months now since that. we have moved to chicago 2months back. her interview was done in orlando DO.
should i file ar 11 for change of address . i am not doing this as i came to kbnow that it will cause me unneccaesary delay......!!
should we hire an attourney. please can any bodty guide for a good attourney in chicago who can help us out in this case.please help us out thanks in advance
Do you have anyone at your old address to check your mail?? It is possible that you might have received a letter for Oath but it is sitting at your old address.

mr needy said:
yes i ahve my aunt who is well aware of oath letter she is checking it every day
Then you may want to call the 800# and ask them to trigger a query to your local DO (not the Chicago one). Or if possible take an info pass and check it out.
What was the reason they said about not approving the case?

first - File AR11
next - call the local DO (Orlando) and also your new DO (Chicago). If they are ok get the oath @ Chicago

how can we call the orlando DO ??? do they have a number??. and filing for AR11 will it cause delays!

rahul thanks for the response . i was told that filing fro AR11 will cause delays .is it true??. i dont have the number for the chicago or orlando office.

I think I will hire a lawyer . its testing our patience . i know lawyer screw me royally but i think it might help ,what say u????

dont even have to hire one

visit AILA.org, get an initial consultation with an attorney (about $100 or $150), clarify your questions. If need be , hire one

Hi Rahul, I did speak to the att here in IL , He said that its unusual since its 3 months after the interview he told me that he go a head and see whats going on , my case is that I am here on a b1/b2 visa looking for my residency.if my wife gets natraulised then things can smooth for us. what can a att do me can he speed up process?? do u have an idea??

Atty cant speed up anything. He can just find out what's going on a bit better
than you or I.
Try this

Contact your Congressman immediately and ask him/her to get a case status. Now you will have to use your judgement as to which Congressman you are gona approach -FL or IL one.

Since the case is in FL ask a FL congressman to look into it. Wait a week or so. Also call the 800 # and ask them to do a status inquiry. If you persuade them a bit they will connect you to an immigration officer (you initially speak with a call center operater)

Best of luck

hi Rahul I did speak to an attourney, he told me that he will find out what is going on. he says that they simply delay the processing due some lazy attitude. he also told me that he try get things done if my wife file is straight.if its taking unnessary delay he will he will some thing to faster the process. any inputs???

mr needy said:
mr needy
i was in a sort of similar situation, so here is what i did
i did not hear from ins for 3 months as well. so i called and called customer service -800 number and they said that if a person had not heard from ins after the interview for more than 3 months, they send a query to the local office. they took my info over the phone and sent a query and told me to wait for a month. i waited - nothing. i called again and was about to place my second request, but i had to wait another 2 days till they could do it...the same weekend i got the oath letter at my old address, so my old landlord called me and told me that....i am not sure, but maybe after the central ins sent an inquiry to the local district office, the local office woke up up and sent me the oath letter...another step i was about to take was to schedule an appointment with the district office via info-pass...but i did not have to do it...
don't lose patience and keep trying to get answers!
as for the address change, i moved between the interview and oath letter to another address (same district office though), but my local ins office did not update anything (even though i did the change with the central ins), so the letter went to my old address and was sitting there....but i guess, by law you have to change the address each time you move, so i can't give you any advice there...
good luck!

mfar thanks for such a detailed mail thanks for that. i did very thing possible .i lso did take the info pass. and flown to orlando to know whats going on but nothing happened .regarding change of add my cousin has a very bad expierince with it .he had his interview along with his friend who was also in his situation every thg went well . my cousin shifted and then did file ar11. his friend didnt. his friend got his oath letter but my cousin didnt . so u get the point.changing the address does except to cause unneccesary delay.so i am afaraid .lets see if i dont get any responce from them i will change my address.
P.S i did call the ins 800 no and told them that i shifted they told since the case is active they adviced us it would be better to go along with the old address.

mr needy said:
mfar thanks for such a detailed mail thanks for that. i did very thing possible .i lso did take the info pass. and flown to orlando to know whats going on but nothing happened .regarding change of add my cousin has a very bad expierince with it .he had his interview along with his friend who was also in his situation every thg went well . my cousin shifted and then did file ar11. his friend didnt. his friend got his oath letter but my cousin didnt . so u get the point.changing the address does except to cause unneccesary delay.so i am afaraid .lets see if i dont get any responce from them i will change my address.
P.S i did call the ins 800 no and told them that i shifted they told since the case is active they adviced us it would be better to go along with the old address.
mr needy:
what can i say...each situation is different.
if customer service rep told you not to change the address, then don't!
i wish you all the best and ask the person at your old address to keep an eye on the mail!