What to bring for Oath??

boldlygo

Registered Users (C)
Well, the notice said that I have to bring my re-entry permit and other Immigration documents.

First, reentry permit. I had two reentry permits, but I had to give them back to INS. So, I don't have them right now. What am I supposed to do?

Second, Other Immigration documents. This sounds really vague. Does that mean I have to bring other items like change of address??

If there is anyone who had Oath of Allegiance, plz tell me how it went, and what INS people wanted to see.

Thank you.

As always, Rahul passes on incorrect and incomplete information with total confidence of a kook.

boldlygo. Listen carefully.. you do not have to take your old passport. You might very well invite your friends and use the passport as dart board. You will be getting a brand new US passport within weeks after oath.

Two items are essential to take to oath cermony. One is your 445. Other is your GC. If you have had any arrests or any other problems between the time of interview and oath, you should take all information related to those events.

There are other items you might want to put in your car trunk when you go the cermony. Stuff like your naturalization application documents (all), your supporting documents that went with your N-400 and while you are at it take any and all other immigration documents you have. The reason I ask you to take these documents in your car is because you will most likely not be asked for any of those documents. However if there is some issue and they want to see some documents, you have it within close proximity and you dont need to miss the cermony because you did not bring some document they asked.

Take some water and stuff to eat, because you would likely be there for atleast 3 hours, and depending on where you have the oath cermony, you may or may not be near a vending machine. Dont take beer, not a good sign in that formal setting.

There will likely be some veterans who will give you US flags, wave them high. In these days of election fever, you will see some college kids with voter registration forms in their hands. Depending on your location, you may or may not see representatives who will collect completed passport application.

Live free, live happy.

------------------------
Spirit of USA Personal Responsibility, Opportunity, Equality.

Rahul. There is one thing worse than giving wrong information. It is giving the same wrong information after your mistake has been corrected by a more knowledgeable person. You are not even a US citizen, you have never been to the naturalization oath cermony. Your answer is based on hearsay, gossip and guess work. No wonder your advice is not taken seriously by anyone.

My previous post is the comprehensive guide that any person going to the oath cermony needs to read. Rahul, make sure you read my earlier post too. You will need those instructions when (and if) you go for the oath cermony.

------------------------

Rahul,

Get a brain that will tell you when you are wrong.

------------------------

dsfgh100 said:
As always, Rahul passes on incorrect and incomplete information with total confidence of a kook.

boldlygo. Listen carefully.. you do not have to take your old passport. You might very well invite your friends and use the passport as dart board. You will be getting a brand new US passport within weeks after oath.

Hey Moron,
Who told you passport is not required? What do you smoke? You are the one giving mis information. Passport is requirted especially when you had travelled outside US between the time of interview and oath ceremony.You need to leave this forum or stop misleading people with your arrogance, no-substance posting.

Good Luck to you. Maybe you will make a fortune separating paper, plastic and spit.

Old passports not needed for oath cermony. You could take the old passport and use it as to play spitball target while waiting for the oath cermony to complete.

------------------------

dsfgh100 said:
Old passports not needed for oath cermony. You could take the old passport and use it as to play spitball target while waiting for the oath cermony to complete.

Thats is only true for citizenship of Republic of Moronland, for which, you are the President.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old passport will be required if you have travelled between interview and oath. It is always better to keep it with you.

Cheers.

dsfgh100 said:

------------------------

dsfgh100 is 100% correct. Do not need old passport for oath appointment.