What should I DO?

Mywayz

Registered Users (C)
oKAY, I am student in college. I came here when I was 15 dependent on my parents. They have applied for G.C a while back and our priority date is in 2005 and the category is EB3. We have been waiting for the green card approval for long time but EB3 is not really moving at a good pace.

I have work permit for next 2 years, but I never really left the country in all these years thinking they might stop me on my way back.

I recently heard about the dream act and I see I qualify for it since I was under 16 year old when I came to this country and I also never went back and have High School Diploma.

What do you guys recommend. Should I go and apply dream act. Also if I don't apply for it, Do you think it's safe for me to travel back home? I am a legal resident in United States and have work authorization. Thanks.

Since the DREAM act has not been made into law, you're far better off waiting for your EB3 petition to be approved. So long as you have Advance Parole and have not been illegally present, it's perfectly safe to travel.

Thanks bro. i wanted to travel later this year and since I haven't been home from last 9 years, I was wondering if there will be any issue.