What kinda interview

tmgn

Registered Users (C)
Hi
First of all, thanks to all who have shared their GC interview experience at different places. Most of them seems to be 'within' USA where the couples have lived together for sometime.

I had applied for I-130 for my wife 2 years back as a LPR and now have become US citizen and will be upgrading the petition to the immediate relative category. My wife currently lives in India and may move to Canada while this process still continues.

Will she have the same type of interview and questions at the US consulate abroad, similar to the ones spouses of US citizens go through here ? Since she has never lived in US, we dont have joint bank account or a joint residency lease. How critical is that ? . We do have a child together and have 'married filing joint' IRS tax returns,insurance, photos from joint trips,emails,joint credit-cards,bank statement showing periodic deposits etc.
Is there a checklist of items/documents required for such an interview at the foreign consulate.
Can someone in my situation,pls post their interview experience or provide a pointer to a previous posting,I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks much
tmg

Can anyone shed some light on this pls . Since she will be going through CP in Canada, do they conduct a joint stokes interview ? Will the interview be similar to the ones conducted for spouses who married US citizen directly? ( as opposed to marrying a LPR who in turn became a US citizen).

Also does anyone have experience in transferring the file from India to Canada ,when upgrading I-130 ?

Thanks
tmg