What kind of names do get stuck in name check?

jasmine7103

Registered Users (C)
What kind of names usually get stuck in name check process? Do European names get stuck? Is it all based on individual names on FBI black list or do they spend more time on names from certain cultures?

Hi there!

Yes, European names to get stuck. Even those names not very common. I have a Russian first name and a Russian middle name...followed by a German last name. I used to be a German citizen...and was stuck in the name check for a little while... .

Cheers!
Legal

The problem is fundamentally caused by the way names are checked; combinations of first/middle/last, phonetic variations, swapped order, etc, etc. So if you have a very unique name that doesn't coincide with that of a known offender, your chances of getting stuck in namecheck are much reduced.

How's a very common Chinese name? I have a Chinese friend who has been waiting for his interview letter for over half a year. How many Chinese people have such an experience? A lot?

ForCitizenship said:
How's a very common Chinese name? I have a Chinese friend who has been waiting for his interview letter for over half a year. How many Chinese people have such an experience? A lot?
when you apply photenics and sound-x to chinese names, a computer program will think they are all the same. This is same with names from other cultures.
According to the FBI report, only 15% of NC's get stuck for more than the normal time.
I think most of the people who write here about there namecheck delays fall into that unlucky 15%.
You can always be part of the bigger, more positive 85%.