What is with the fp

ATLANTA_N400

Registered Users (C)
What's up with the FP & stuff

Finger Printing. :confused:
What is the purpose for it ?.
How does the process work ?.

I noticed that after FP is done, the IL is sent out within few days for most people. One person mentioned that he/she called-in and verified with FBI to make sure they recieved and sent back the FP. What does this mean ?.

Anbody wants to shed some light please :confused:.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
FP is performed to verify that your FP don't match any in FBI crime database. If you were ever arrested in US, you would have been fingerprinted and results sent to FBI.
Calling FBI to verify if the FP that USCIS has sent them has cleared the FBI search and results sent back to USCIS.

My prints were cleared the same day of having my prints taken - that's accrding to the FBI customer service rep.

Good luck.

How can we check on FP? What would be the contact information. My father is interested in finding. Can I call for him or is it only him?

Thanks

FP is performed to verify that your FP don't match any in FBI crime database. If you were ever arrested in US, you would have been fingerprinted and results sent to FBI.
Calling FBI to verify if the FP that USCIS has sent them has cleared the FBI search and results sent back to USCIS.

Thanks Bobsmyth.

My prints were cleared the same day of having my prints taken - that's accrding to the FBI customer service rep.

Good luck.

But I am surprised to know that the FP got cleared the same day for iluvfra. How is this possible ?. Is the FP scanning done at the same facility where FP's are being taken ?. One would at least imagine that there would be some lag time in terms of mailing in and out. Or could it be that these data are being send in electronically after the FP is taken and scanned against the FBI database somewhat in an automated manner.
Any idea ?.

Thanks Bobsmyth.

But I am surprised to know that the FP got cleared the same day for iluvfra. How is this possible ?. Is the FP scanning done at the same facility where FP's are being taken ?. One would at least imagine that there would be some lag time in terms of mailing in and out. Or could it be that these data are being send in electronically after the FP is taken and scanned against the FBI database somewhat in an automated manner.
Any idea ?.

It is sent to FBI via electronic processing. It is not just prints...but a combination or prints, names, date of birth, etc.
If it clears....it will usually be reported back to USCIS very soon with no problems. Could be hours..or days.
If there is a match...or partial match with a known criminal in the automated system...then it sits on some one's desk for days, months, or years....till it gets cleared manualy.