what is the effect of FBI name check clearence on EB2 INDIA "U" on visa bulletin?

Kumarash

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

What do you think about the recent memo about FBI name checks clearing soon? My 485 was filed 12 March 2007 under EB2 India category with a PD of July 22, 2002. Since its almost close to a year since the 485 was filed, do you think the GC will actually come around now assuming my petition was actually stuck in 'Name check'? Even if the Visa Bulletin still says "U" for EB2 India? Someone told me that the process of "U" to "C" or at least "anything after July 2002" may take upto 9 months.

Thanks much

Simply put, your green card will not be issued to you as long as the Visa Bulletin indicates that numbers for Indian nationals are 'unavailable'. As to what effect the memo will have, it's impossible to say without having the actual data. Since the USCIS said that a very small percentage of people are stuck beyond 6 months, it may not have much of an effect at all.

Remember that the visa numbers for India became unavailable because there are too many green cards being issued, not because there were too many applications stuck in 'name check'. If anything, freeing up these applications will delay visa availability even more.

Remember that the visa numbers for India became unavailable because there are too many green cards being issued, not because there were too many applications stuck in 'name check'. If anything, freeing up these applications will delay visa availability even more.

Quoted for emphasis. This analysis is spot on.