What is the best way to "show educational credentials" when applying for TN at the border?

tnapp334

I have heard that I will need an employment offer letter including how the job position falls under one of the NAFTA categories and the specifics of the job duties. But I will also need to show proof of my education credentials. In my case, the education I have had at a US grad school is directly in the field of the job I'm getting. I'm just not sure how to show this. I do have a certificate conferring the Masters degree on me, and this is official; it is dated and the university seal is on it. However it does not say what field the Masters degree is in, it simply says they've conferred a Masters on me. Is this enough? Or do I need something that specifies the field I studied and how it is directly the same as the job I got? The only other thing I can think of is printing my unofficial transcripts from my grad school. Will these be enough, or will the guard think it's insufficient because it's "unofficial"?

The "unofficial" transcripts will be accepted, along with your official degree. Surely your degree states masters of "something"; if it doesn't it is not enough in itself. And what about your bachelor's degree?

It states "Master of Science" yes, but the specific field isn't stated. However I can print the unofficial transcript where it shows all the courses which I think should be enough.

It states "Master of Science" yes, but the specific field isn't stated. However I can print the unofficial transcript where it shows all the courses which I think should be enough.

-- Check with your department, I had a letter from my department stating that I had completed all the requirements for the degree in that department. This was prior to my convocation, since the official diploma was not available then. I produced that letter when the immigration officer asked about particulars of my degree.

The unofficial transcripts *should* work, but having a letter is the best option.

The letter really only took the place of the diploma, which you did not yet have. (good move by the way) This person has their degree in hand. The transcript will more than suffice. I don't think a letter serves any purpose in this case.

The letter really only took the place of the diploma, which you did not yet have. (good move by the way) This person has their degree in hand. The transcript will more than suffice. I don't think a letter serves any purpose in this case.

-- I had the diploma when I was applying for the TN - but did not have it initially when my previous employer wanted to make sure that I had completed my degree requirements. That letter was useful while applying for my TN. So the letter indeed served purpose in my case. In OP's case, the transcripts should suffice..