What is RFE ?

hsbajwa

Registered Users (C)
When I check the status of I-140 application online at BCIS.gov, it states that they require some additional information and have mailed me information regarding that. I have not recieved any packet yet.
Does this mean that I have a RFE or does "additional information" means something else ?

Thanks & Regrads
- HSB

You got RFE

The message you are talking about means that they have sent you a letter/RFE for getting some additional information. It depends what query they will be asking you, it might something related to the question you posted in your other thread since your labor certification doesn't state education equivalent to BS in CS there are chances that you might face problem. Also please tell if you sent some education evaluation letters to BCIS.

Also it means a lot if you had MS + 1year of experience before your labor was submitted or after that.

Also if you can tell what is your ND for I-140.

Thanks a lot for your reply. My ND is 04/09/2003.
I got my MS in CS in Dec 2000. I joined my sponsoring employer in May 2000. I have BSc and MSc in Physics from India in 1995 and 1997 respectively.
My H1 is expiring in 10/2003.

I had 1 year experience and MS in CS before applying for LC and I -140.

Do you still think there can be a problem ?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards
- HSB

It all depends on what your layer wrote on ETA750A for LC in Column 14 and below and in column and 15

LC form ETA750A is prepared by the lawyer for LC

Last edited by a moderator:
I really appreciate all the replies and am thankful to everybody.

My LC stated BS in CS.

However here is the issue :

I started working for my current employer in May 2000.
My course work for the degree in MS Computer Science was completed in May 2000 except the thesis work which I was completed in Oct 2000.
But the convocation was held in Dec 2000, so I got the degree certificate in Dec 2000.

Now, I am not sure if BCIS will consider my coursework in Masters degree as equivalent to BS in CS.

Thanks & Regards
- HSB

yes, that's right my Masters does not count but my labor certification mentioned BS in Computer Science as requirement and not Masters.

The question is will I be considered as equivalent to BS in Computer Science because even though I did not had the degree certificate , I had all my course work completed.

I am not saying that my Masters should be counted but will I be considered as at least as qualified as BS in Computer Science.

I know that this is a bit complex, butlet me know if I am not making myself clear.

Again, I am really thankful for the replies that are helping me out.

Thanks & Regards
- HSB

Here is some piece of information on this.

This is what my RFE says exactly

"Please submit evidence that the beneficiary holds a bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field of study) as is required by your Form ETA-750. His degrees from India are equivalent to a masters degree in physics. In conjunction with his specialized training, including the 27 graduate credits which he has completed in the United States, his academic credentials appear to be also equivalent to a US degree in computer science. However, while this is sufficient for H1-B purposes, the Form ETA-750 supporting this petition specifies a bachelor's degree in computer science(or related field) and does not provide that this requirement may be met by a combination of academic accomplishments. "

So, I am not sure that even evaluating my credentials will help me here.

Please provide me with any suggestions you have.

Thanks & Regards
- HSB