what is involved in namecheck process

desi2007

Registered Users (C)
guys does anybody knows what happens behind this name check step. is it just checking against FBI database or is it against international database?. why is this so complicated? does this involve agents physically go and check (am i stupid) with local authorities in your home country?.I thought most of these systems talk to each other and you should have the data in a few mins(if not in a few hours)

How to write to congressman

Hello,

Every now and then I hear about taking the help of their local congressman. Am really new and want to understand how the process works, and how to proceed with such a task. I mean, we are not citizens of USA... well we are not even residents yet. So then, what do we tell the congressman's office... Any sort of a template for writing or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

And also how to find out where to write, is it done always in writing... or may be one can physically go to the office and talk about your case? What is the incentive of the congressman's office to help us with our situation?

Thanks for all the advice,

Hello,

Every now and then I hear about taking the help of their local congressman. Am really new and want to understand how the process works, and how to proceed with such a task. I mean, we are not citizens of USA... well we are not even residents yet. So then, what do we tell the congressman's office... Any sort of a template for writing or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

And also how to find out where to write, is it done always in writing... or may be one can physically go to the office and talk about your case? What is the incentive of the congressman's office to help us with our situation?

Guru's, Any thoughts??

Hello,

Don't bother bro...I did just that, and after months (!) all they could tell me (Congressman and the #1 Senator in the country...) is that no one can interfere in Name Check process. They keep sending me "updates" from USCIS that says "name check still pending".
In three (3) months, it will be five, yes - 5 - YEARS since the FBI received my name check request from USCIS, and I am still pending.