What is faster: Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing

LegalAlien99

Registered Users (C)
Hi y'all!

Which route is faster? Adjustment of Status in the U.S. or opting for Consular Processing?

My wife is currently in H1B status here in the U.S., but I would like to file I-130 at some point next month.

So I am wondering whether it is faster to have her case processed in Frankfurt/Germany or here in the U.S. She is, obviously, a German citizen.

Any takers?

Cheers!

Legal

LegalAlien99 said:
Hi y'all!

Which route is faster? Adjustment of Status in the U.S. or opting for Consular Processing?

My wife is currently in H1B status here in the U.S., but I would like to file I-130 at some point next month.

So I am wondering whether it is faster to have her case processed in Frankfurt/Germany or here in the U.S. She is, obviously, a German citizen.

Any takers?

Cheers!

Legal

Legal,
My brother did consular processing and it was faster, about 3 years ago. My understanding is with 485's you get bunched with all kinds of applications whereas with consular processing once 130 is approved it goes to national visa center and from there the case moves staright to your country consulate who send you the letter (to your germany address). Now depending upon how busy the consukate in germany is, you may get all this wrapped up faster that route.

lotechguy said:
Legal,
My brother did consular processing and it was faster, about 3 years ago. My understanding is with 485's you get bunched with all kinds of applications whereas with consular processing once 130 is approved it goes to national visa center and from there the case moves staright to your country consulate who send you the letter (to your germany address). Now depending upon how busy the consukate in germany is, you may get all this wrapped up faster that route.

Hi buddy!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that makes sense to me. If I am not totally off, the U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt/Germany takes about 2 months to get everything done once USCIS approves I-130.

Cheers!

Legal