what if you don't have another sponsor?

Sommerbeam

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering - applying for affidative of support and your US spouse does not meet the minimum requirements to support you, at the same time you can not show any additional assests, what will happen then?

Thanks for the information.

As far as I know, the AOS will not be approved if the minimum requirements are not met.

The only thing I can think of if there are no other co-sponsors, or additional assets is that if you are working and have been residing with your spouse for at least 6 months, you can add your income to it. You would need to fill out the I-864A.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Yes, but what is the point to send something that won't going anywhere?
You need a joint sponsor, your wife can ask her family members too. Some people, sometimes wait until they get more money or found somebody and then apply for the adjustment of status. If you send an incomplete form you not only won't get further in your case since you will receive a RFE, but then you just have a limit period of time to respond for it if not your case could be denied.
Good luck,

cherr1980 said:
Yes, but what is the point to send something that won't going anywhere?
You need a joint sponsor, your wife can ask her family members too. Some people, sometimes wait until they get more money or found somebody and then apply for the adjustment of status. If you send an incomplete form you not only won't get further in your case since you will receive a RFE, but then you just have a limit period of time to respond for it if not your case could be denied.
Good luck,
That is true what you're saying but I also think it depends on the situation. We were advised to send it everything but the medical examination. We were told they'd ask for it later. Then a few weeks later they asked for it so I guess not sending it in stalled my case, lol. We sent in the affidavit of support but didn't quite pass the poverty level due to the fact that my father couldn't at the time prove that he infact did earn past the poverty level. They haven't asked us for more evidence so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
the I-130 is a Petition for Alien Relative, A US citizen or lawful permanent resident may file this form to establish the relationship to certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States.

An approved I-130 simply establishes a basis upon which the person you filed for can apply for an Immigrant or fiancee visa or adjustment of status. The only document you need here is a marriage certificate.

The I-130 does not give you any benefits or status and it does not gurantee the issuance of a visa or Green Card. Processes such as the I-485 AOS look at additional criteria such as meeting the minimum income requirements for your household. You will be asked for this information at your AOS interview. Not meeting the requirement will only delay your adjustment and eventually denial of AOS if you are unable to satisfy this requirement within a given time frame from your interview.

Good Luck