What if one loses his green card after boarding a US-bound plane?

qwertyisback said:
As matter of fact, Everybody is learning new, very innovative way to loose GC. :D

What about you boarded plane, you had GC, every hour you checked wallet, GC was their, You are about to land, (amazingly) GC is not lost yet!!! You went to custom, checked wallet, (Very surprised) GC is not lost yet!!! But the moment POE officer asked, GC was untracable!!!! What should we do now??? Any ideas?? Any real experiences?? If YES, then Enlighten all members "How To Loose GC in most amazing Way"

I am not aware of a place where immigration is done after customs in US. As a matter of fact anywhere. I have travelled quite a bit, and the first people you see when you land are the immigration people.

Ban such idiotic members

Such type of q/s are nothing but mockery of this wonderful board. :D :D ,
I second to Karaya suggestion of deportation of such people to control idiocy... ;) ;) :D :D . Moderator, start with this forum , control idiocy on this forum please!!!!!

Manik_baasha, sequence of events are not nessasarily in order. Consider whatever suits your thoughts and give suggestion. What if "custom is done before immigration"?? :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
qwertyisback said:
Such type of q/s are nothing but mockery of this wonderful board. :D :D ,
I second to Karaya suggestion of deportation of such people to control idiocy... ;) ;) :D :D . Moderator, start with this forum , control idiocy on this forum please!!!!!

Manik_baasha, sequence of events are not nessasarily in order. Consider whatever suits your thoughts and give suggestion. What if "custom is done before immigration"?? :D :D

My point is Customs is not done before immigration anywhere in the world. End of story.

manik_baasha said:
My point is Customs is not done before immigration anywhere in the world. End of story.

I completely agree with you. But what if they do that?? And you loose GC after custom but prior immigration and or in any sequence !!!!As zyu said, this thread is nothing but "What if" :D :D

qwertyisback said:
I completely agree with you. But what if they do that?? And you loose GC after custom but prior immigration and or in any sequence !!!!As zyu said, this thread is nothing but "What if" :D :D

It's a good point, but I don't know the answer. And I choose not to waste anymore time on this useless thread.

zyu said:
americanwannabe

if you are not on a US-bound plane right now i suggest you go to see a psychiatrist about your "losing green card phobia"

Maan I cannot stop laughing.

I go crazy when I think about how the desi deemag works... lol

Guys... What he asked is a valid question though

What happens if he lost his GC on the airplane AND he changed his jobs just after he got his GC (less than the mythical 6 mos rule of thumb?)

gettingclosernow said:
What happens if he lost his GC on the airplane AND he changed his jobs just after he got his GC (less than the mythical 6 mos rule of thumb?)

jump out of the plane. because his green card will be revoked due to the job change, and that would be more miserable than jumping out of the plane.
:D :D :D :D

I once lost my passport in between Immig and customs. Happens that I left it at the officer's desk. Luckily they found it and I got it back. Believe me it is a scary feeling.

Yeppo

yeppo said:
I once lost my passport in between Immig and customs. Happens that I left it at the officer's desk. Luckily they found it and I got it back. Believe me it is a scary feeling.

Yeppo

You spend years trying to get your GC....shed thousands of dollars.... not to mention the anxiety and sleeplessness and other things... And after all that, you just left your GC on some stupid officer's desk.... :mad: shame on you...
Just kidding man...i am trying to pull your leg... It could happen to anybody....hmmm..

After passing the immigration, do the custom
officials have the right to further inpect
us on immigration grounds? I often find them
doing that

AmericanWannabe said:
officials have the right to further inpect
us on immigration grounds? I often find them
doing that
What do you mean by saying "inpect us on immigration grounds"?

pv1976 said:
You spend years trying to get your GC....shed thousands of dollars.... not to mention the anxiety and sleeplessness and other things... And after all that, you just left your GC on some stupid officer's desk.... :mad: shame on you...
Just kidding man...i am trying to pull your leg... It could happen to anybody....hmmm..

Hmm,

I was an H1 at that time. Have'nt left the US since. Point is that we always feel nervous when we return back esp. on H1 that sometimes due to that we do stupid things !!!

Yeppo

pv1976 said:

Whats kidding here?? :confused: I think you are dead serious :mad: , such idiots should be striped off their GC and termed as illegal aliens and sent to G'Bay for few yrs until they get their senses back to their brain tissues. End Of Story

Theft at 32000 feet!

I know of an incident where someone stole $ 800 from the cabin baggage placed in the overhead bin on a flight from Frankfurt to Boston. This happened to my friend's daughter.

It does not surprise me if someone steals important papers as well.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
VerySilly said:
Whats kidding here?? :confused: I think you are dead serious :mad: , such idiots should be striped off their GC and termed as illegal aliens and sent to G'Bay for few yrs until they get their senses back to their brain tissues. End Of Story

VerySilly,

I hope my answer clarifies what was said earlier. I was on my H1 at that time. Having said that these things happen. It is nothing to do with brains or anything. Also this GC is no big deal. They dont have to worry about stripping it. I will be giving it back to them myself in a couple of years.

Rgds,

Yeppo

AmericanWannabe said:
officials have the right to further inspect us on immigration grounds? I often find them doing that

Of course they do. Back before CBP, when there were seperate Customs and Immigration personnel, you'd often have Customs making small talk as they reviewed the forms, and if what you said didn't match what you told Immigration, back you went. The idea was that once you were relaxed, something might slip out that you didn't want INS to know about.

Nothing has changed in that respect.

TheRealCanadian said:
if what you said didn't match what you told Immigration, back you went. The idea was that once you were relaxed, something might slip out that you didn't want INS to know about.

Nothing has changed in that respect.

But I don't see they cross-check with each other
about consistency of our talk with them