What happens if I move

tangohi

Registered Users (C)
I am in St Louis and I filed my 130 and 485 in Feb 2005. Interviewed in May 2005- stuck in NC. NC was initiated in July 21, 2005. I may have to move to Chicago.

If I move do I have to go back in line and wait till the PD becomes current there. They are processing 485 from April 2004.(Chicago)

Second- IF my wife the sponsor moves there and I stay in St Louis does the file stay in St Louis or Chicago.

Third- Can I file for H1 B, will it be approved. My plan is get H1B approved in April/ May, work on EAD till Oct. In November during vacation go to home country and return on H1B. Once on H1B if all else have failed file a writ of mandamus and get some answers. How long does writ of mandamus takes from start to finish. I believe most of the time they will not contest.

Fourth- if I decide to change it to Consular processing how long will it take?

Evaluating various options.

If you move, they will transfer your file to another local office. I am not sure if you will go to the end of the line.. probably not since you had your interview already. Transfer can take some time, couple of weeks to several months.
I also just moved, but my family is still at old location and if we will not be approved by June - we will change the address with INS and face the transfer...
Writ of mandamus takes a little more than 60 days. You should submit all apperwork and then mail some copies to several places, and after you get confirmation of the last receipt - 60 days start, INS must make decision within this time. Search for details from people who have done it.
I do not see any reason preventing from filing H-1...

I heard that all your petitions stay at the service center which approved your I-140, no matter where you live. please correct me if this is wrong.

I am in the same situation as Compass. I now work and live in a state under different service center. my family still stays in my old address where I filed my petition. but they will move and join me this May. I have not done anything on my address change (other than AR-11). After all my family move to my new address in May, I wonder if I need to notify my old service center and let them transfer my files to my new service center.

Thanks in advance if you could share your opinons.

compass said:
If you move, they will transfer your file to another local office. I am not sure if you will go to the end of the line.. probably not since you had your interview already. Transfer can take some time, couple of weeks to several months.
I also just moved, but my family is still at old location and if we will not be approved by June - we will change the address with INS and face the transfer...
Writ of mandamus takes a little more than 60 days. You should submit all apperwork and then mail some copies to several places, and after you get confirmation of the last receipt - 60 days start, INS must make decision within this time. Search for details from people who have done it.
I do not see any reason preventing from filing H-1...

Thanks. However Can someone tell me if I file for CP from AOS how long does it take. Do I still have to go thru name check.