What happens if FBI is unable to process fingerprints for a second time?

grumpybear

Registered Users (C)
Basically the title says it all.
Do I have to keep going back until it's processed?
Between the biometrics fee and the money that I spend to go to the ASC (it's 200miles away), the money/expenses are starting to add up ($200+/trip), not to mention having to haul 2 kids now.
Please tell me there's another way.

It is actually less hassle and less expensive for me to obtain police clearance from the last 5 places I've lived in. Can I just do that instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your FP can't be read twice, you'll be required to provide police reports of all the places you resided in the last 5 years. You can't bypass the FP requirement by providing the police reports instead.

If the FBI is unable to process my FP's a 2nd time...

I know that I am supposed to get police clearance from the places I've lived in for the last 5 yrs.
I've only lived in one place for the past 5 yrs. However, I live about 5 miles out of town. Do I get my police clearance from the Troopers or from the nearest town?
Also, will this delay my application? Is the clearance something they need to have before the interview (my interview was already scheduled for sometime in August) or will I be bringing this to the interview?

You would get police clearance from the police department that serves your area. You'll need to bring it to your interview.