What does this mean and why no contact???

Dedo

Registered Users (C)
So this is the status of my OCI application

"OCI Application Returned from Embassy for Pending Documents :09-01-2014
( Additional documents )"

Well, if they want additional documents, why hasn't BLS gotten back to me yet. And btw, I hand delivered my application to BLS and they checked it fully before sending to the embassy. And of course, calling BLS is useless as no one is answering for days...

What should I do? How long until I get out of this limbo?

Where did you get this email id from? I have sent in renunciation and OCI applications together but still as of today I cannot check status online. I have emailed BLS couple of times on their common email but still have to hear back from them regarding any status.

It has only been four days. Wait for a week till you receive something in the mail.

Else email rattanw@blsinternational.com

Minor travelling to India

Minor who received US passport recently needs to travel to India urgently. Can the minor travel on Indian passport and green card. Minor only has US passport but no US Naturalization certificate. We understand that one can travel in the first 90 days after you get US passport/ naturalization. Question is can the minor travel on existing Indian passport and green card.

Thanks in advance for the response.

No one minor or adult should travel with Indian passport and green card after becoming a US citizen (naturalization or assertion of US citizenship with minor's US passport). Contrary to the myth that is floating, there is NO grace period to travel to India with an Indian passport after US citizenship.

If you do so, it is illegal as per Indian law. The child (i.e parents since he/she is minor) may not get caught doing so but would have to pay fines later to Indian authorities (when applying for Indian visa/OCI/PIO). If an adult does so, he/she will surely get caught at Indian emigration control before departing India - since they will be questioned as to how they entered India without a visa in the US passport.

So just pay the money and get than emergency Indian visa done.

Minor who received US passport recently needs to travel to India urgently. Can the minor travel on Indian passport and green card. Minor only has US passport but no US Naturalization certificate. We understand that one can travel in the first 90 days after you get US passport/ naturalization. Question is can the minor travel on existing Indian passport and green card.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no word from BLS if they need anything, but here is what MHA website says. Do you know what this means and where the application is currently?

Applicant Name XXXX
File Acknowledgment Number XXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment 10-JAN-2014
Registration Status at Mission WASHINGTON DC
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

You would want to know about where you are in the process and not where the application physically is (does not move out of the consulate/embassy BTW).

If it says UNDER-PROCESS then MHA has acknowledged it (and it has gone out of BLS hands until it gets approved)- nothing you can do much but wait.

Still no word from BLS if they need anything, but here is what MHA website says. Do you know what this means and where the application is currently?

Applicant Name XXXX
File Acknowledgment Number XXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment 10-JAN-2014
Registration Status at Mission WASHINGTON DC
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

You would want to know about where you are in the process and not where the application physically is (does not move out of the consulate/embassy BTW).

If it says UNDER-PROCESS then MHA has acknowledged it (and it has gone out of BLS hands until it gets approved)- nothing you can do much but wait.

Thanks non_linear. So I can assume that there is nothing additional needed from me now. Looks like its processing.