What does it mean when USCIS asked for RFE?

Murray33

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light regarding this notice from NSC?

"On February 25, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address".

I read in this forum stating that sometimes they ask for I-602? I've submitted the waiver way back when I applied for adjustment of status. Do you know what exactly NSC wants? Any input is greatly appreciated:)

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

You dont Know until you get mail. but some time they ask you for TB test . Have you done Tb test Before when you submit your 325 BIO ? or you just do the X-ray? You must do skin test too.
Good luck

In review of your case USCIS can request any additional evidence to determine eligibility. Most of the time it is a standard request. I see your case has been pending for a long time since 2004. Maybe your's was held because of security checks. Do no panic, it will be fine. Just wait to see what's in the RFE.

I have a friend who received request to complete the TB test though the doctor agaist since he already tested positive, but at the end, he had to do the test again.

Yes, I've done medical, TB and etc as when they requested for the Initial evidence.

Thank you for your input. I hope nothing bizarre will happen since I've been waiting for a long time. All this while, my case was pending due to background check. So, yesterday when I checked my status it shows request for additional evidence.

I will keep you posted when I receive the RFE in mail and hopefully tomorrow.
Again, thank you guys.

Thank you for your input. I hope nothing bizarre will happen since I've been waiting for a long time. All this while, my case was pending due to background check. So, yesterday when I checked my status it shows request for additional evidence.

I will keep you posted when I receive the RFE in mail and hopefully tomorrow.
Again, thank you guys.

I checked mine and also got the same message, RFE...

Exilado99,

Have you receive the mail yet detailing about what USCIS ask specifically?
I checked online and it was sent on 02/25/2008 and hopefully I'll receive it this week and will let you know in this forum. It has been a long journey for me and you and hope we'll get GC soon:)

Exilado99,

Have you receive the mail yet detailing about what USCIS ask specifically?
I checked online and it was sent on 02/25/2008 and hopefully I'll receive it this week and will let you know in this forum. It has been a long journey for me and you and hope we'll get GC soon:)
Mine was sent on the 02/26/08 I guess you will get yours first than me.

Murray33,

I guess one of ur alredy submitted document has expired its validity and they may ask u to resubmit it again. It could be med exam which has one year validity or fingerprinting which has 15 months validity.
Don't worry it should be only paper formality that's all.
Thanks

Chang1428,

Thank you for taking your time giving an input. Your input is greatly appreciated. I will let you know once I get the letter (hopefully today:)

Murray33,
Let me give u good news. U are close to approval. Once u submit the evidence they asked u, it should take 2 weeks to get ur approval notice. That's what happend to my case, I submit my med form exactly after 11 days of its receipt by USCIS they e mailed me approval notice.
So take prompt action to submit the document ASAP.
Thanks

Hi Exilado99!

As of today, I have yet to receive letter from USCIS asking for further additional evidence. Online status said letter was sent on 02/25/2008, however I wonder if you already receive yours? Thanks for letting me know.
Thank you.

Hi Exilado99!

As of today, I have yet to receive letter from USCIS asking for further additional evidence. Online status said letter was sent on 02/25/2008, however I wonder if you already receive yours? Thanks for letting me know.
Thank you.

Hey buddy, I haven't received mine also, I tough you could be getting yours today and mine on Monday...Oh well, the drama continues until next week I guess.

Hi Exilado99!

Thank you.
Did you get your mail? I haven't received mine.

Exilado99,

I've checked my mail today and still no sign on my letter. I was anxious and called the Customer Service, the representative told me to wait for at least 15 days. If pass the 15 days and if still no sign of the letter, then call back.

Yes, waiting like forever, but you know, I've been waiting for the longest time. I guess, I have to be patience.

Exilado99,

I've checked my mail today and still no sign on my letter. I was anxious and called the Customer Service, the representative told me to wait for at least 15 days. If pass the 15 days and if still no sign of the letter, then call back.

Yes, waiting like forever, but you know, I've been waiting for the longest time. I guess, I have to be patience.

By tomorrow you will probably get yours, lets hope that is the case!!!