What does it mean file is with officer?

pdasu

Registered Users (C)
I called NSC today and IO said that, my file is with Officer and will get response within next 30 to 60 days. Gurus please tell what is this mean.

EB2: India
PD:1/20/2004
485 RD: 6/25/2007

Same here. As for your question it means just that !

Depends how long it has been with the officer and how much case load the officer has and whether he/she is going to be on a vacation before they can touch your file ;)

PD: 03/04
I-485 RD: 06/12/07
NSC

Same here. As for your question it means just that !

Depends how long it has been with the officer and how much case load the officer has and whether he/she is going to be on a vacation before they can touch your file ;)

PD: 03/04
I-485 RD: 06/12/07
NSC

Do you think security checks, name checks are cleard before assign to officer?

pdasu,

You will be approved pretty soon if visa got allocated to your case.When you call next time just ask them whether visa got allocated to ur case or not.

Nopes....not any longer. You aware of the Feb NameCheck pending >180 days related memo ?

That said, my case has been with an officer since June 19(NSC, I-485 RD 06/12/07, EB2)...waiting with fingers crossed.

I think Name check is most important one and is the delay for most cases right? IO's are not telling me anything when I asked about Namecheck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nopes....not any longer. You aware of the Feb NameCheck pending >180 days related memo ?

That said, my case has been with an officer since June 19(NSC, I-485 RD 06/12/07, EB2)...waiting with fingers crossed.

What is your PD?

Oh..sorry! details with PD: (NSC, I-485 RD: 06/12/07, EB2, PD: 03/2004)

Did they say when they assigned your file to an officer ? Can you please find that out... thanks.

The whole thing is at the very end now but we can't seem to do any more. 3 of my friends got theirs approved within 2 weeks of getting assigned to an officer. I will wait for another week and see what I could do if not approved by then.

What is your PD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh..sorry! details with PD: (NSC, I-485 RD: 06/12/07, EB2, PD: 03/2004)

Did they say when they assigned your file to an officer ? Can you please find that out... thanks.

The whole thing is at the very end now but we can't seem to do any more. 3 of my friends got theirs approved within 2 weeks of getting assigned to an officer. I will wait for another week and see what I could do if not approved by then.

IO said that my file is with Officer..I am not sure its same as file assigned to Officer. Please update, if any progress on your case.

Yes, it's the same, but I would be interested to know how long it has been in that state for you. As I mentioned earlier, mine is with off. since June 19.

Looking at the long weekend and the high possibility that the IO would be on vacation, I would give the benefit to the IO till July 7. I would up the ante after that.

IO said that my file is with Officer..I am not sure its same as file assigned to Officer. Please update, if any progress on your case.

Yes, it's the same, but I would be interested to know how long it has been in that state for you. As I mentioned earlier, mine is with off. since June 19.

Looking at the long weekend and the high possibility that the IO would be on vacation, I would give the benefit to the IO till July 7. I would up the ante after that.

Finally I got card production ordered and welcome email on 7/3 but spouse is still waiting...Hope you also get it in next week.

I checked the status this morning (9:25am EST) and it was "Card Production Ordered" for both my spouse and I !

Looks like it just changed since I haven't got the e-mails from CRIS yet.

btw I sent AC21 docs in May as I had changed my state of workplace. That surely was a great idea I think!

congrate IntheMoment .... could you please post your info like PD/RD etc

I checked the status this morning (9:25am EST) and it was "Card Production Ordered" for both my spouse and I !

btw I sent AC21 docs in May as I had changed my state of workplace. That surely was a great idea I think!

Congratulations. Enjoy the green.

sorry for not posting,..here it is

EB2, India
PD: 03/2004
I:485: RD/ND: 06.12.2007/06.15.2007
File assigned to IO: June 20, 2008
Approved: July 09, 2008
Sent AC21 docs in May 2008
No RFE
N e b r a s k a. S e r v i c e. C e n t e r

Chances of approval

Hi ,
My PD is may 31st 2006
my 485 received date is july 2nd 2007
but when i check the status the automated voice is sayaing that the receipt date is 31st july. Can someone please clarify this.
Thankyou

That is a bug in the online/phone system. Just go by the Receipt date on your receipt, that is what USCIS goes by as well when pulling out files.