What does a Wage mean for PERM PW? Salary or Total benifits (Salary,insur,bonus etc)?

ven2006

Registered Users (C)
What does a Wage mean for PERM PW?

Is it just the salary or total benifits (salary+insurence+bonus) paid by employer?

Any help will be greatly appriciated...Thanks

I am also looking for the same answer. Does it include bonuses? My salary is less than prevailing wages but my salary + bonus is close to the prevailing wages

I would like to know the answer too.
My wife works for the State as a Teacher. The salary for teachers is the same in the whole state. Even then when we filed for PW it came to $2000 more than she is being paid, but if we add her bonus then it is equal to the PW.

PW Salary

The PW salary means the basic salary before any benefits and bonuses. It's the salary you are guaranteed as opposed to bonuses that are based on performance and therefore NOT guaranteed.

bsnf said:
I would like to know the answer too.
My wife works for the State as a Teacher. The salary for teachers is the same in the whole state. Even then when we filed for PW it came to $2000 more than she is being paid, but if we add her bonus then it is equal to the PW.

Look, if your qife works as a teacher, she should have a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) salary established through the school. That CBA is the PW for teachers, NOT the SWA determination. As such, the salary may be lower than the SWA PW depending on the CBA salary scales. This is very clearly explained in the Prevailing Wage guidelines published by the DOL. So, if she has a CBA, disregard the SWA prevailing wage and check the CBA box on the PERM application.

bjorn said:
Look, if your qife works as a teacher, she should have a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) salary established through the school. That CBA is the PW for teachers, NOT the SWA determination. As such, the salary may be lower than the SWA PW depending on the CBA salary scales. This is very clearly explained in the Prevailing Wage guidelines published by the DOL. So, if she has a CBA, disregard the SWA prevailing wage and check the CBA box on the PERM application.

Thanks for your reply.

In her case the bonus is also a confirmed salary.

PW Salary

Still, the bonus does NOT count. But in your wife's case that is not an issue due to the CBA being the PW anyways.

Does company paid (partial) insurence count?

Does company paid (partial) insurence count?

Thanks