What documents need to be original

orazone

Registered Users (C)
I have already read a lot of people getting revalidation request turned down by state department. I have to send my revalidation application next week and i am thinking about sending everything including my education degrees , certificates, tax returns, driver licenses. My question is ... should i send photocopies or originals? I guess according to their website only I-94 and I-797 and ofcourse Passport need to be original. Any idea ? like any other thing that i send with application that can maximize chances of my application being accepted. I am doing this bcaz i belong to a Muslim country and there is a likely hood that I will be asked to go back to my native' country and get visa stamped from US embassy there.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by orazone
I have already read a lot of people getting revalidation request turned down by state department. I have to send my revalidation application next week and i am thinking about sending everything including my education degrees , certificates, tax returns, driver licenses. My question is ... should i send photocopies or originals?
------- education degree, tax returns are not needed for Visa revalidation from DOS in US
I guess according to their website only I-94 and I-797 and ofcourse Passport need to be original.
----- passport, photograph, I-797,employer letter, form DS-156 and if Male also form DS 157, Past I-94 and new I-94 attached in passport and Visa fees+other fees and prepaid Fedex envelope for return of documents that should have the address FROM: your address
TO:your address
and put this envelope in the envelope with documents when you provide your credit card # to fedex use the credit card that has validity more than 6 months
------ check the below site:
for Visa Revalidation
http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html

http://travel.state.gov/revals.html
Any idea ? like any other thing that i send with application that can maximize chances of my application being accepted. I am doing this bcaz i belong to a Muslim country and there is a likely hood that I will be asked to go back to my native' country and get visa stamped from US embassy there.
------ you will know only after you apply
Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
ususallly its goood to send all originals and also a notarized copy also, that shud helps. they will send u back all the originals anyway, dont worrry

well, I sent copy of I-797 and it worked.
If you look at doc requirements, it says original or copy of I-797
Got my stamped passport today :)

Ginnu is right. I sent only what was stated in the web site.
Infact, I sent copy of I-797 after reading that we can send copy rather than original.
But after talking to other people, I was bit scared and wished I had send I-797 original coz everyone seem to send original.
I guess, I was too optimistic :)
But I got my passport stamped today so copy also works.

Hi,
I am having a general question regarding prepaid courier airway bill. They mentioned on their site that 'Please use your address as the “from” address on the airbill or the self-addressed envelope.'. So if I use Fedex for this purpose and write my address as 'From' , will Fedex accept that. I want to make sure.

Thanks,
oajnabi

YES, Fed-EX will accept.
Infact, those guys will tell you to do the same if you tell them that you need to send ur passport for stamping.
Some of them are very knowledgeable.

Hello

I am planning to send my H1 for revalidation to St.Louis . I had few imp questions which may seem dumb but its imp to me (as we all know it involves sending PP) and I am new to the process.

1) The address on DOS website for courier service mentions a Box number on the first line of address. Is this a PO BOX. I guess Fedex does not deliver to PO BOX. So how come they mention a BOX number for courier address.

2) What exactly is a pre-paid fedex envelope and airbill. I have never used FedEx before but I guess everyone uses that so. Is there a way we can get proof of delivery (like in USPS we have option of return receipt) in FedEx . Do we have to Buy the FedEx envelope and airbill OR is it available for free.

3) When I send the PP , do I have to paste the airbill on the return envelope or just put it inside and include this envelope.

I am just kind of confused about how I can use to fedex to send it with a written proof of delivery that my PP was delivered to St Louis address and how I need to include return envelope so that I get back the PP safely.