What do you think the root cause(s) of I-485 processing delay is ?

What do you think the root cause(s) of I-485 processing delay is ?

• Security Checks

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Not Enough Money

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Low Priority for I-485

Votes: 41 68.3%
  • Inefficient Process

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Stupid Managment

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • Lazy Officers

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Jobless Problem

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Anti-Immigrants

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • John Ashcroft

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Others

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
Kashmir,

I would like to say Others: INS/BCIS/USCSIS and the Government not being held responsible/accountable for the inefficiency and the delays. This inefficiency could be from having an incompetent staff and having an inefficient process.

Let us start to hold the INS responsible for the delays and make them pay penalties for their inefficiencies, things will take care of themselves.

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY is the reason for the current backlog problem. It came to effect immediately after issuing Visa to dead terrorists by INS(CIS) staff. So the inefficiency of the CIS staff is the root cause of the problem.

Question to CIS: How can you improve the security of US by delaying the process of GC in the name of security check????

Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly believe that lack of accountability and an unfavourable climate towards immigrants(post 9/11), are the main reasons.

there are rotten apples in the basket, but individual officers are unlikely to be the root cause of this colossal breakdown. it seems to be lack of vision and a long-term plan perhaps propelled by lack of political investment in the process. this affects availability of funds and other implements at their disposal to bring about meaningful change. USCIS has been reacting to triggers (9/11 being one), and has taken half-baked measures whenever the wheel started squeaking.

Policy/Will/Money - three main causes of delays.

I don't think the IIO's are inefficient, though I like to call them that, instead I believe it is more of what Edison suggested, 0 - tolerence policy.

Edison,

While we are on the topic, would you mind using regular sized font, it gets difficult to read your post/message with massive font sizes. :) Sorry about the criticism.